Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Amateur

Default Help with the Boss Ciglio

--- Spoiler ---

Okk...my rogue has been doing alright so far.
Only problem is that I don't get a decent weapon. I am stuck with about 22.3 dps and now I am on this boss in Red Death. Cold imbued, regenerating and something else, power stealing. I have managed every single boss or elite that had similar abilities but this guy also spawns zombies and revives killed enemies.

Seriously... how am I supposed to beat this guy? I ran out of money for Health potions and food and it is just a pain in the butt (btw, food and HP are a bit expansive). If you tell me now to do some more quests and killing for money I am gonna strangle you cause that is what I have done most of today. I even lowered the difficulty of the game by creating a new world. With the buff from my priests at the convent I have a cold resistance of 105 and he still kills me and my warrior, especially if either one of is cursed.

So after all this, does anyone have any suggestions or tips?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Elite

Ciglio is hard because of his raising skills. If you have to pop in and out of town during the fight, you'll end up with a swarm around him. Yeah... he's tough. Have you tried using cold resist potions?

I think once I tried pulling guys away from him and killing them away from him, giving him less bodies to raise. I don't remember how that worked out. You could try that instead of waiting until you level.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Amateur

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him... nyarrrr

He is a hard son of an Undead. I tried to lure him away while my 'pet' slaughtered the minions. But then he raises new ones and rezzes them again. I am so stuck with this guy, lol. I think I am just gonna ignore him for a while and come back when I am level 35!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:55 AM
Amateur

I hate to say this, but Ciglio was the easist boss I tried to kill to date. No skills, just hammering him to submission, 2 levels below him and the quest level.
He was way too easy. Way, too, easy.
Oh well, I killed him, so no matter.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Amateur

*takes the club of jealousy and frustration and starts poking Anaxim*

What class are you playing? One thing I realized that might add to the problem is that I have the reflexive version of the game. This also means that I stuck with 1.003 and not 1.004 which gives rogues a better advantage on strength.

I am having a problem with the adds, the reviving and I am wondering if I have the wrong recruit accompanying me. I got a warrior....maybe I should try a priest or mage.

Last edited by Sayen : 12-12-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Amateur

I'm a warrior, so maybe that was why it was so easy.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayen View Post
*I got a warrior....maybe I should try a priest or mage.
no no no. Heres the warrior strategy for killing Cigalo:

This boss has a rage killer built in, meaning every time you hit it, you lose your rage by 5% or something, so every time you pop in or out, unless you have built in rage you're basically fighting without rage.

The trick, therefore, is to deal with teh adds at the exact same time you bring the boss down.

PROCESS.

1. take the adds down before any HP on the boss, given his regenerative nature you want to catch up on adds first.
2. Once all adds are dead, portal out and heal up.
3. Within seconds, another add will appear. Attack the add, BUT DO NOT use your rage on the add. You only need 5 rage for your single target attack with a percent bonus to your base attack.
4. Once you have 5 rage, you Immediately attack the boss with your special attack. Don't worry if you killed the add, you'll get him in a second.
5. Once you hit the boss with your special, you will be at zero rage again. Attack another add, build up 5 rage, and then immediately attack boss with special before hitting him.
6. Rinse, repeat. If no adds are around, beat on the boss until one arrives.

In short, you use the adds as rage generation tools so you can beat the boss down just as fast as if you were on the boss the whole time. The difference is that the adds die too. The only time you deviate from the above strategy is if you get high level adds that take a long time to bring down.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Expert

Just to add something to kroz's post, the strategy is viable for rogues too, if you have the right skills. Slice, crit-strike, maybe a rupture, and you're up to 20 momentum. Just enough for a lethal blow.

Alternatively, what I do when I'm fighting extremely difficult mobs is... I let my covenant do the work for me. I'd come in, stay stealthed, and let my best fighters take on the boss by themselves. When they died, I'd port back, kick 'em to the covenant, and grab another to repeat. It's an easy way to lose about 7K health on your life crystal, but it's better than dying. Just keep your distance or you'll break stealth.

Alternatively, I'd just take care of all the mobs while the helper takes care of the boss.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Elite

I haven't tried it on Ciggy, but my normal rogue routine is as follows.
Stealth
Precise Strike to open, earns 5 momentum
Slice (as available), earns 10 momentum, total of 15
Gouge, sets up Precise Strike and leaves me with 5 momentum
Precise Strike, earns 5 momentum, total of 10
Gouge, sets up Precise Strike, 0 momentum
Precise Strike, 5 momentum
By now Slice is generally available again.
etc.

Generally, by the time I get Gouge and Precise Strike off twice Slice is coming back online and I get to start over immediately. If I find myself building up excess momentum I blow it off on Charged Strike, which is momentum intensive but very handy in a fight with spawning enemies.

The only time this has a serious problem is when I'm swarmed by beasties that die before I can get my momentum built up to keep the cycle going. Then I'm left waiting for Slice to come back before I can start over.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Expert

I Kited him with spells...run and cast at the same time..frost spells made him and his friends move slower. As a mage.

Blizzard worked as a Mass Slow spell..and Earthquake did the damage while my priest bombarded it with spells.

Last edited by cronodevir : 07-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.