Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Legacy > Din's Legacy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2019, 11:15 PM
Legend

Is there a reason the camp in DL is all brown ground? The Zombasite camp is so much nicer, with its mix of grass, leaves and bushes?

EDIT: To clarify, it seems like most starting towns start out with a ton of scorched tiles. The downside of this is that it looks far less appealing than the towns in Zombasite.

Last edited by Bluddy : 04-12-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Legend

* Candlestick objects don't seem to have their usage defined correctly -- rather than lighting, they get used up and drop into the ground.

* As noted before, NPCs in my party seem to get health regen that's far higher than what their vitality should provide. Not sure if this is intended.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Legend

Really enjoying the varied terrains of DL!
Old 04-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Legend

Would it be possible to make it so going up on a hill gives you a wider view, and going in a ditch surrounded by hills hides you a little and hides monsters from your view?
Old 04-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Is there a reason the camp in DL is all brown ground? The Zombasite camp is so much nicer, with its mix of grass, leaves and bushes?
It's a random thing. Since you aren't in the middle of the Zombasite apocalypse I should probably make it less likely for parts of the town to be burned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Would it be possible to make it so going up on a hill gives you a wider view, and going in a ditch surrounded by hills hides you a little and hides monsters from your view?
I'm not sure how doable that would be.
Patreon
Old 04-12-2019, 06:42 PM
Legend

* One thing I've seen have a large impact in other games is rendering cloud cover's effect on entities. A light shadow that travels slowly with cloud cover in cloud-like patterns may be relatively easy to render. The deserts wouldn't have it most of the time, but the woods and grasslands would.

* I'm also wondering how much the shift in lighting should happen between areas. I'd prefer to have the shift relate to different times of the day, with some days having randomly more red dusks or more violet dawns and have lighting between areas be consistent as you move (aside from cloud cover perhaps).
Old 04-14-2019, 12:20 AM
Legend

Sorry, I thought I was posting in this thread:

* I do think there's a UI issue with not being able to get quests remotely (despite suggesting this initially). For the other clans, I can go to an area, then accept the quests with an asterisk, knowing that they're for my current area. With the warmaster, I can't do that -- I have to hunt for quests with the exact name as the region I want to go back to.

Also, as much as I like the mechanic, unlike Din's Curse, DL is much more spread out, and you can spend a lot longer in the wilds. Getting back to base to get your next quests can take a while, and then you need to deal with the UI issue I mentioned above.

I think a compromise would be to allow getting quests with the old universal interface, but filter out those that aren't available b/c for example the warmaster is dead.

* Would it be possible to transition NPCs and the player character to a walking animation when they're slowed down? One of the things that produces the feeling of 'jank' is when you're running but you're slowed by an effect, so you look like you're floating in space.

* I was never fond of the ability to freely trade loot with other clans anywhere (from DoP). One reason is that your storage capacity barely matters anymore. Running out of space? Just open a modal, pausing dialog and trade away. You have a huge income stream and not much need to decide what to take with you and what to leave behind. And you get relations boosts to boot!

Drox handled it very well, since you had to actively head to a planet, which served as the race's vendor, and allowed you to trade there. You couldn't just choose whom to trade with at any time.

An equivalent of the Drox version would be to turn any friendly NPC of another clan into a 'vendor' offering what the clan owns (or just random stuff, like in Drox). You'd have to actually find an NPC of that clan, usually by finding the clan headquarters, and thereafter teleporting there. It would be a much more active decision, and wouldn't allow you to free up space at all times.

The other option is to make clan trading much more selective ie. I offer them something and they say, "we don't want that" with a few exceptions of the things they *do* want.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:00 PM
Legend

* It would be nice to have a few ways to affect clan power, such as paying to steal their strongest items (thus weakening them), or bribing a member of theirs to switch sides to another clan. The better the opinion the clan has of the other clan, the better the chance the member will switch.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Legend

>> I think a compromise would be to allow getting quests with the old universal interface, but filter out those that aren't available b/c for example the warmaster is dead.

While you're at it, you can also filter out redeeming the quests that you can't get reward for because the warmaster is dead.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:55 PM
Expert

One a couple of occasions, wands that I was using against enemies just disappeared? Is this supposed to happen? It may have happened because the wands broke or something. Would it be possible for the wands to say their broken and are no longer usable? That way, a fancy wand that I was using can be repaired.

Thank you.