Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Amateur

Been playing a Defender/Healer lately, pretty fun stuff.

Nothing really fancy for melee other than deep wounds and a few counter strikes (I haven't unlocked them yet, investing mainly in defense), but you can sit in a crowd and stunlock with the Block skill between Holy Shield uses, healing as needed.

The grind is pretty slow, but there's something awesome about just sitting there and taking abuse that barely leaves a scratch on my plate armored healer :P
Baldur - Archer/Reaver
Sybol - Trickster/Shaman
Sasha - Demonologist/Sorcerer
Old 04-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Amateur

Just started, but my necro/defender is rocking. Gloom bolt is a good main attack if leveled but is also useful as a single shot and easier melee kill. Combined with disease cloud, I haven't needed any dex to melee anything so far. With the insane ego elites- keeping up str enough to wear the best plate makes my melee output good- while pumping vit makes me hard to kill with a shield and all those defender passives. However, the clincher is, after getting my butt kicked by a particularly nasty elite, I have a chance of raising it and sometimes, can keep it through a whole night, which makes the class for me. Getting to the point of raising 3 or 4 baddies seems like my plan once I'm a gloom bolting/melee machine. What's also nice is even when gloom bolt becomes too expensive to maintain as a main killer, it is still a vital debuff.

My alt for for overpowered shoot-up sessions is a archer/archer, which to me seems godly owerpower. The attack, dam, crit, dodge/def passives stack, the quickdraw skill can be on 2 timers, I also think the dex class passives double up as well, making for a very powerful dex focused character.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Amateur

Been playing around with many combos with uneven results. I think the most important thing people need to know when starting is your going to need a high enough attack to hit at the high levels or things get frustrating as you'll be whiffing on elites and bosses alot. My necro/defender was great until even his gloom bolt and 20% debuff wasn't good enough for hitting bosses.

What I am finding is, if your melee, weaponsmaster is always a good pick as just the 200% to attack from perfect strike means even a low dex can be overcome. Other than that, assassin is good as precisions straight 8% to attack bonus is huge. Other than that, the class weapon skills only add like 15-20 points per point, which in the end game is not much compared to gear and dex. Archers don't suffer since they are dexterity capping.

But mainly, just be aware- if you melee and don't have any skills giving a flat % increase to attack, you may have to go high on dexterity at some point.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Amateur

I've just started a new character with Healer/Necromancer.

This comes after playing a Priest in DoP then a Conjurer in DC.

My Conjurer was primarily a Necromancer anyway, but I got sick of having so few options for weapons and armour, and it was a pain having to carry potions for healing when I was used to having the healing spell from playing a Priest in DoP.

I haven't spent much time testing if it's a good combination or not yet, but the idea sounded good to me.
Equipment wise I get access to both Leather Armour and Capes, plus Staves and Maces.
For skills, I've got all that nice healing and prayer for fast mana regen when needed, plus I get Bolt of Gloom for my main right-click spell, and I get my undead pets too.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Elite

You forgot to mention the best thing about the Healer/Necromancer: you can heal your minions!

Raise a good elite monster and you can keep them all dungeon.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Amateur

Yeah, that's a good thought!
I've only had skeleton minions so far, but if I put my points into the skill that raises the dead then that'd be a pretty neat way to go!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Amateur

Hi, bit of a noob here. Anyone have an opinion on the viability of the Hunter/Hunter build? Buy ice and fire traps in both trees, then boost both trap mastery skills.

So I throw fire, fire, ice, ice, and by that time the first trap has recharged. Nice area of effect attacks, two elements. The mana cost is next to nothing, so I concentrate my stat points into dexterity for defense as well as enough strength for the latest leather armor.

Trap mastery also gives bonuses to Perception and Disarm Trap at higher levels. With a little more Disarm Trap from equipment, I now deliberately walk on traps for the xp and never fail to disarm. The Hunter skill tree has a number of other potentially useful skills, and the skill point costs are cheaper then other trees.

Only problem is that it can be hard to place traps with precision, so often you end up chucking it at badguys heads from point blank, and mana draining effects suck. But apart from that, pretty fun!