Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Elite

Default Share your funny/interesting experiences

Seeing as to how there aren't any such threads yet after a quick skim through the forum, I'll start the ball rolling.

I was attacked by a traitor just now, while I was healing at a healing stone. I stunned him with Smokescreen, and ran away. Because he also took some damage previously, he decided to heal at the stone. Now it was my turn to sneak up on him, and obliterate him.

Then there was another once I was fighting a group of various mobs. There was a cave-in, which seriously injured me, but killed all the other mobs. So, I was pretty happy about it, until I accidentally stumbled upon a trap, which unleashed a lot of other mobs. I tried to run. Only problem was, the cave-in trapped me. And the mobs. Not surprisingly, the mob cornered me and I died.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Elite

I killed a named monster, only to have him immediately reappear under a new notice- now, instead of being alone, he was in a group! At first I was annoyed, because I'd killed that guy and he didn't stay dead. But when I found his group, it was a named necromancer and the original boss monster as a zombie.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Expert

I'm only able to get the demo at this point due to some necessary buying of clothing and other more essential items before I buy this, but happy to say that even with this limit I've had a few interesting and funny encounters.

A few days ago I found someone who wanted to be transported to level five of the dungeon from four, not knowing where five was, I was probably going to have to drag around a bit and hope she didn't die.
Turn a corner, the passage was blocked by some exploding barrels, I figured I'd survive them and if she was down here she'd probably survive the blast too, so I took a couple of steps back and hit them. Dead woman. Damn...

And then there was the time I came across an invincible orc. Not having played for long i'd never come across holy shield. This orc had one. Luckily i was pretty tanky and as much as I couldn't hurt him, he couldn't hurt me much either. I sat there for a minute hacking at him before realising I wasn't getting anywhere and then ran around him and took blows as he tried to wear me down. Eventually he returned to being a normal orc and obliterated him

And finally the surprise challenge. I can't remember what class hybrid I was playing, but I entered a new level, and you know how the monsters usually just die when you hit them and don't present much of a threat? I ran into a scavenger i think it was a unique, it had a few buffs on it, and it was huge. So it steamrolled me.

Respawn went down, killed some more monsters, no sign of scavenger, loot some bodies and "wham!" huge scavenger steamrollers me again.
This went on about three times, I could not hurt it for a tenth of what it was doing to me. Serious damage, took me out in about three to five hits. Eventually there were no more monsters it could feed off and I caught it as a small scavenger and killed it. But it was certainly an awesome twist.

And just a cool little randomly atmospheric instance: new character, entering first dungeon, level 1. Small room, open the door, step through, cave in behind me. I realise I could have just hacked it out of the way, but it was too cool to destroy.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Elite

I managed to kill this heavily buffed boss who was 10 levels higher than me, because apparently he got into a tussle with some other mobs and he had less than 1/10 of his HP left. All it took was a little tap from me to take him out
Old 03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Elite

I've got a warlock specializing in lightning spells... she's run into a boss with both major and minor regeneration. I don't think killing it is possible at her level.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Elite

Ack! I should have taken a screenshot of the boss I fought just now then. While he doesn't have regeneration, he doesn't need to critical hit me to reduce my life bar to 50% in just one hit. When he does critical hit me, its an instant KO.

The worst part was, the entire dungeon was flooded with monsters who were on his side - no rival factions. I had to strategize (playing a Trickster/Gladiator) in order to take him down. It was incredibly difficult, but when I killed him (got 12k XP lol), oh boy that feeling.......
Old 03-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Elite

I ran into a Major Giant Undead Totem once. It was twice as big as my character.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Elite

Just wait until higher levels, UDM. You'll meet boss monsters who kill you in one hit without criticals.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Elite

At what level will that be?
Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Expert

Last week I had a town that took me several hours to clear. Everyone was petrified except Din and one other, then about halfway through curing everyone we get the plague. Never mind the boss meetings I never made it to, hell, I think control of the dungeon changed hands 4-5 times before I made it down to kill Bonecrusher or whoever it was by then.

Best part? About three of the townsfolk had names that were like 20 characters long.