Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Elite

I just created the most hardcore town ever. No vendors, no NPCs but the Warmaster and Din's Avatar. This town is badass.
Attached Files
File Type: zip chars.zip (20.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by udm : 04-03-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Elite

I just saved an epic town. One of the modifiers was "Wars" and the dungeon was in a massively chaotic state. I think that the toughest quests to solve are the "Break up the meeting between X and Y" type ones, and this town had dozens of them. Every now and then a faction would gain the upper hand and raid the town. I had used my teleport stone and was miles away from a gate when a raiding party of Saurians killed the Apothecary and the Steward as well as the Armoursmith and one of the townsfolk. I managed subsequently to recruit a replacement Steward and Apothecary, but the town was forever without an Armoursmith after that raid. There was a Town Jeweller that sold me both Fire Ward and Blazing Orb at various points in the game, and I was always riding the knife edge of saving or losing the town. It was my most memorable game yet! 92 quests solved, 33 failed and 4 NPC's dead! Awesome stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg epic_town.jpg (90.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 04-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Elite

92 quests? Epic!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Elite

"War" is probably the most involving mod a town can have. I had a similar town to Krustee's and I admire the patience it must have taken to get through it. I abandoned mine after several hours and never had less than four quests to go and had as many as 15. So grats to you - awesome job.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Elite

Whoa. I was supposed to stop this meeting between Torment (Wraith) and Shadowfire (Shade). I found the "meeting place". Shadowfire attacked me, so I killed him. Where's Torment, I thought. 5 seconds later, the game said that I failed to stop the meeting, and we are now at war with the Wraiths. 20 seconds later, I found Torment hiding in another end of the dungeon. Looks like ol' Torment managed to get away in time before I killed Shadowfire.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Amateur

I started a game with a new character. The entire village was in ruins, only the Warmaster was alive. Din had no quests for me. The Warmaster bid me kill the boss on floor 1. Sure enough, there was the boss, he was only level 1, and I stomped him handily with my brand new character. I redeem the one quest and the game says, "Hooray! You saved the village."

Yay for that one guy, I guess.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Expert

Udm, I've had that happen. I usually get nervous when I see one of the monsters I am suppose to kill and just try to kill that one without looking around for the other one first.

Misc, that is awesome. I wish I could get a town like that. I like throwing on 310% mf potions and opening the reward chest.

I've recently rescued someone and right after I rescued them they went traitor and tried to kill me but they already had poison from a monster and died before they even got to me. lol. I think that is awesome.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Elite

Default kaboom

I was playing the demo (the real thing gets to wait til payday) and saved the town, but I was only on level 5 of 13, so I decided to continue down to 13. I made it all the way to level 13 without being killed once. Then I saw a tunnel full of barrels and went up and broke the first one. The whole mass exploded and brought down the ceiling. Instantly dead.

I did learn from the experience, however. The next time I saw a tunnel full of barrels, I backed off and lobbed an oil flask (?) at it. Explosion. No cave-in. And no damage to me.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Elite

Demo one, first dungeon actually.

I was hunting a cruel torva, on a level full of orcs and zombies. I kept running into undead torva, of course, but when I returned to a small area of the dungeon (The map is not easy to navigate, incidentally) I met 6 undead torvas and one zombie. The area had been overrun by the undead, no living monsters were in the immediate area.

Incidentally, I didn't see any undead orcs on that level.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by (name here) View Post
Incidentally, I didn't see any undead orcs on that level.
Orcs can't be raised from the dead, ever. I'm pretty sure if you were to go back to DoP you'd find it mentioned in one of the books. It probably says this in the Bestiary description too, but I keep forgetting to check in there.