Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Amateur

Talking assassin/trickster

not being a fan of armour im finding this hybrid works well,using my stealth to sneak up on bosses and using my assassin second ability to take em out in a few blows,great fun!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stants View Post
not being a fan of armour im finding this hybrid works well,using my stealth to sneak up on bosses and using my assassin second ability to take em out in a few blows,great fun!
Pretty sure assassin / trickster is part of the rogue tree (which includes all 3 classes).
Old 04-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Expert

Weapon Master + Paladin

Whirlwind is great all around skill plus the durability of paladin with health regen works out very well.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Expert

I can't say Ive found a hybrid that I like. Here's a list of what I've tried.

Gladiator/Necro
Assassin/Magician
Defender/Paladin
Gladiator/Fire Mage
Weaponmaster/Healer
Necro/Druid
Archer/Healer

I make it to about level 10, and usually have some sort of problem with all of them. I've yet to find a hybrid build that can stack up to the diversity of the 'core' classes. Take for instance, my Wizard. Frost Nova, Fireball, Magic Shield, Magical Blast (the one that stuns enemies.) I don't know. Just can't find a hybrid that fits I guess.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneoftheLost View Post
I make it to about level 10, and usually have some sort of problem with all of them. I've yet to find a hybrid build that can stack up to the diversity of the 'core' classes. Take for instance, my Wizard. Frost Nova, Fireball, Magic Shield, Magical Blast (the one that stuns enemies.) I don't know. Just can't find a hybrid that fits I guess.
That's my current problem. I get to around level 10 and the difficuly ramps up all of a sudden and I get owned. Several people in this thread have gotten quite high with hybrids, so I'm going to go with it's definitely something I'm doing wrong. I figure I'll eventually find something that works.

You just made me realize something though, I haven't actually tried any of the core classes yet. Perhaps I should give that a shot and see how it feels compared to a hybrid. There's something to be said about having 3 skill trees to pick from, and they were obviously pre-combined for a reason.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Expert

My WM/Paladin combo has gotten me to level 28 fairly easily if you want to try it.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Expert

Yes, I did the same as you, where I chose hybrids right from the beginning. I think the core classes are very well designed, and generally choose from two skill trees, and then going into the third after level 20, this way skill points arn't being spread thin.

I'm going to still look for a hybrid I can stick with, but Ive found the core to be more enjoyable in the long run.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Amateur

lol, yep i think maybe assassin/trickster sounds better than a rogue?silly me!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Elite

Sometimes you have to stick with a character longer than level 10. I have a hunter/healer, now level 59 that really struggled for about 20 levels or so, but now regularly does towns at +4 to +6 without breaking a sweat. Specialization helps. Put points into a few key skills, making them as powerful as possible
Old 04-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caal View Post
Sometimes you have to stick with a character longer than level 10. I have a hunter/healer, now level 59 that really struggled for about 20 levels or so, but now regularly does towns at +4 to +6 without breaking a sweat. Specialization helps. Put points into a few key skills, making them as powerful as possible
The last part is key -- I would recommend no more than three skills... you're big heavy weight, your secondary skill and you're nice to have.

My Sorcerer/Healer -- use Level 10 thunderbolt exclusively + Level 5 prayer to regen faster and level 1 greater heal

I don't even AoE because it's faster to just spam thunderbolts.

But you have to have the mentality to not get bored with your strategy -- i have a 'blaster' mentality so if I can beat a game having only learned 1 offensive spell... I'm in mage-heaven! (Unfortunately, it can't be fireball here... *grumble*cave-ins*grumble*

Same thing if a game has backstab.