Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Expert

Reached level 10 with no major difficultys so far. Had to use a cursed item for the first time because the bonuses out weighed the curse and items worth having are few and far between.

One trick I learnt is not to run into every combat I see especially when rival creatures are at war. They beat each other down then I just mop up.

Really like the start poor and unlucky makes each sucess that much sweeter my aim with Ashby is to achieve 17 or above which would beat my Travis attempt.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Elite

Just hit level 13. This is a pretty brutal combination. Not so much because of the poverty or unlucky conditions. Money hasn't been much of a problem (over 3 gold) since I'm finding money chests and a *lot* of leprechauns (the money drops from these two sources don't appear to be affected by the poverty condition). Finding a decent build is difficult, and I've re-spec'd a couple of times. Hope you folks are having better luck with that.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Expert

I spoke too soon started playing tonight and got slaughtered by a giant Ragnar I had no chance. Level 10 so not good enough need some tactics for dealing with groups of boss monsters anyone care to help me out?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Expert

Well so far I've been doing good with my strategy of getting interrupted every time I try to pull up the game and play today.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Legend

I'm still not sure if I want to do this tournament. I've never died yet in any of the tournaments and i dont want to now. Plus the hybrid is very weak (imho). A paladin just doesnt have enough strengths to help out the magician. With that in mind I will see how far everyone gets.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Expert

I have been investing some points into the bonus defense from shields skill from the paladin side, and I'm thinking about grabbing the Regeneration spell. When I died on my first playthrough I felt like I wasn't killing things fast enough, which I think was because I put too many points in defenses, so I'm kind of leery about doing something besides dumping everything into arcane torrent and friends.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Expert

Level 10 and still going at the moment. I'm mostly Paladin with the aid of Magician's evade skill so far. Unfortunately, the Magician leaves alot to be desired.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbear View Post
Level 10 and still going at the moment. I'm mostly Paladin with the aid of Magician's evade skill so far. Unfortunately, the Magician leaves alot to be desired.
I just hit 10, I'm dumping everything on Magician, other than the shield passive skill from Paladin. Doing everything the other way round. Well I am developing my evade skill as well
Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by archivis View Post
I just hit 10, I'm dumping everything on Magician, other than the shield passive skill from Paladin. Doing everything the other way round. Well I am developing my evade skill as well
LoL, cool. Well, the outcome of this tournament should be very interesting. I'm actually enjoying the challenge of this character so far. I'm not exactly rolling over mobs being a Paladin, but I'm not really having a hard time either...yet.

On another note: Does anyone understand how the "Biggest Acheivement" works when you finish a town? I was just wondering because I just finished a town, and it said mine was a quest where I had to kill one (regular) goblin flamethrower. I said to myself, "what, really? ,lol!" It's strange because I also had a quest to kill a seriously hardcore (purple) boss monster that almost killed me a few times and had me running around like a chicken.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbear View Post
LoL, cool. Well, the outcome of this tournament should be very interesting. I'm actually enjoying the challenge of this character so far. I'm not exactly rolling over mobs being a Paladin, but I'm not really having a hard time either...yet.

On another note: Does anyone understand how the "Biggest Acheivement" works when you finish a town? I was just wondering because I just finished a town, and it said mine was a quest where I had to kill one (regular) goblin flamethrower. I said to myself, "what, really? ,lol!" It's strange because I also had a quest to kill a seriously hardcore (purple) boss monster that almost killed me a few times and had me running around like a chicken.
This past town I cleared had my first encounter with the goblin flamethrowers, it was pleasantly techno as the same level had a clockwork darkness machine that I had been sent to remove. Perhaps one day I'll encounter steam powered goblin piloted giant mecha stomping town.

Last edited by archivis : 06-01-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: forgot the clockwork, added