Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

The demon hunter has some of both.
Patreon
Old 12-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Amateur

You mentioned a beta before xmas. I assume the expansions costs money, so do we get access to the beta after we pay and when can I pay?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahl77 View Post
You mentioned a beta before xmas. I assume the expansions costs money, so do we get access to the beta after we pay and when can I pay?
Yes the expansion will cost money. I'm not sure how much yet though.

When we start the beta, you will get access right after paying. I'm not sure exactly when this will be yet though.
Patreon
Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Amateur

AN idea as far as your lvl cap issues. Just like in other games maybe you can allow players to Prestige/rank or call it what you will. When your Prestige/Rank give them a title such as start off with Page or something for a non Prestige/Rank character. So when you first start the game it just adds Page in front of your name.. Ex: Page Blackfire

When your prestige/rank it drops your character down to lvl one and gives you a new title like.. Squire .. Ex: Squire Blackfire.. so on and so forth Ex. Knight, Knight Champion.. Count.. ect ect.

Also as another incentive other than a title is to bump the prestige/rank characters stats. So for example a normal 1st lvl character starts with 10 in all stats(i don't know cause I don't look closely at this) then when they pestige/rank a 1st lvl character starts with 15 in all stats.. or something of that sort.

Just some thoughts Some people may not like this however I think it would be cool to see some hardcore players who eventually hit lvl cap then start earning titles :P

You went through the game 3 TIMES without dying?!!!?!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Legend

The point about hardcore is true. The highest i ever made it to was 24 without dying with a gladiator/hunter on one of the contests we had. The people that make it to 40 and higher should get ranks based on every 10 levels. Anyone that makes it to lvl 100 with any class without dying should be called the master of disaster (sounds retarded) or something crazy like that. Im sure it can be done, however those last few levels im sure cause brief anxiety and partial insanity.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:25 AM
Expert

I have an idea for a reward for beating a demon invasion.. or whatever you were talking about would be the final thing. How about if we could upgrade a skill.. Kinda like each skill has two or three choices you could improve upon such as Whirlwind could get *Extra Damage. *Add Poison to attack. *Less rage used* Something like that. You could get a scroll or something that allows you to pick one path per skill.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I have an idea for a reward for beating a demon invasion.. or whatever you were talking about would be the final thing. How about if we could upgrade a skill.. Kinda like each skill has two or three choices you could improve upon such as Whirlwind could get *Extra Damage. *Add Poison to attack. *Less rage used* Something like that. You could get a scroll or something that allows you to pick one path per skill.
I'd like it if this were how the skill trees worked all the time, personally. Or, at the very least, skill upgrades tied to a base skill. The upgrade would cost more to raise than the base skill (like lower "tier" skills cost currently) and would be restricted to a max level equal to or less than the base skill.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Expert

Quick question. Sorry if it has already been asked. Since it is an expansion will we be able to use our already created chars from Din Curse or will we have to make new chars?
Old 12-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Amateur

So can we expect the beta wednesday or thursday?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Quick question. Sorry if it has already been asked. Since it is an expansion will we be able to use our already created chars from Din Curse or will we have to make new chars?
You can use your old characters if you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahl77 View Post
So can we expect the beta wednesday or thursday?
I'm trying but I'm quickly running out of time.
Patreon