Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Elite

Default Good Hybrid Character Commbination

Everyone, I need some help from you!

Several people want to know what are some good hybrid character combinations that work well together. I still haven't had time to try many of the combinations because I've been working so hard on the next game, "Drox Operative". So I need your input.

Please reply to this thread with the best hybrid characters you've played, and I'll add those as suggestions for players to try on my "Din's Curse Help" site.

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Legend

There's too many to name. Hunter, Gladiator, Trickster, Firemage, Icemage can all be used with anything else and still work well. Whatever you do, look for a negative with your positive. If you are adding assassin (offensive class), look to combine it with something defensive (anything with a shield). Too much offense is not good as you always get hit, too much defense is not good either as you never hit.

Here are a few combinations i like-

Trickster/hunter-This one is almost unfair, ranged weapons are automatically powerful, now with stealth, its too good.

Trickster/Archer-Just like the above except they can almost solo the game without an arrow attack (passive)

Trickster/Gladiator-Shields + Cleave + Stealth + Focus damage equals super tank. This is almost too good of a hybrid.

Firemage/Hunter-Fire mastery + Firetrap+ Trap Mastery= a viable magic damage build.

Icemage/Defender or (Any mage class mixed with defender)= Mage that can take many more hits and survive in later difficulties due to block skill from defender.

Thief/druid-This class is the most interesting class in the game. With alot of passives, you can essentially just use your regular attack from stalker form. You will be so fast and deal so many criticals and deep wounds that it will make your head spin. Fastest class in the game however not for beginners as you need to find a good dagger. Dagger mastery is your friend. You might be able to use Assassin/druid here instead as the defense bonus from stalker will cancel the low defense. Any passive mastery class can use the druid with stalker form. Weaponmaster might work.

Reaver/Trickster-Same as weaponmaster/trickster except you use twohanded weapon mastery and stealth. Good class.

Thief/Demonologist-This is my class i made. Its alot of fun as its played differently. You basically take impale or slice and use the debuff demon roar to make enemies unable to hit you. You then destroy them as they cant hit you. You are always on the move and this class is tough but very viable as thief is hard to hit. You can debuff -240 attack/defense 4 times in a row! Dagger mastery. One word of advice to avoid getting swarmed, use dangerous monsters. As there are less of them you should be killing most things in one shot. This is where circle of power comes in for big bosses. Circle of power adds a lot to criticals and damage, with that and 1 hit attack skill and dagger mastery, you should have no trouble with mobs.

Any stealth build (trickster) with an Area of Effect physical attack is a good choice. (Gladiator, Weaponmaster, Reaver, maybe even Warden-Shield sweep).

Paladin/Paladin-This is probably the weirdest combination. You essentially take mace mastery (which isnt great) and double it, with double defense, double stunning blow, and double crushing blow. This class is good with regards to later levels as the beginning is tough. Pump 3 points into dex, 1 strength, 1 vitality. That should work for you. Use aura blessing and regenerate blessing.

With reminder to above build, if you are unsure as to how to add points to a build that has a hard enough time hitting, add 3 dex, 1 strength, and 1 vitality.

Warden/Any mage-This is an interesting choice, hear me out. With this hybrid, any mage can be more deadly and defensive at the same time. The warden will allow you shields plus health, plus wards. Wards are a good choice as there are 3 wards that help. Lightning ward adds to magic critical hit, which is your main ward. This char is what i like to call, a turf caster. He is most deadly on his turf. Not just that, he can cast defensively with ice ward which lowers speed of enemies chasing you. Even poison ward can help when getting away and stalling. This class can be mixed with anything-icemage, fire, lightning, magic, its better at single enemy spells though as the chances to crit are more worthwhile. You still can use aoe spells though.

The thing to remember mostly about hybrids is what you are getting yourself into. You can hybrid just about anything, but it doesnt mean that it will work. Take one of the hybrids ive tried. I made an assassin/icemage because icemastery works with charged strike, the build was successful at first. However as soon as i made it to lvl 30 monsters, it slowly got too hard. I probably could have stuck with it past 65, but i got hit far too often. Look at the assassin/icemage bonuses. 1.3 bonus to attack and .5 bonus to defense with a small bonus to damage and health. Everything is fine except the most important part of this build. Defense. .5 defense wont cut it without a shield. Im convinced the assassin class will always be able to hit anything due to precision and other bonuses to hit, but too much offense without defense is really bad in dins curse.

There is one last powerful number of classes that i havent tried yet. I still think that they will work really really well. Firemage, Icemage, and Sorcerer can be doubled and work excellently. Think about it, and icemage/icemage gets double mastery for ice just as fire and lightning do. Thats alot of extra damage when it comes to magic. Most of the time magic is not as powerful as melee and ranged, but if you double the mastery classes, you've got some potent spellcasters. Just an idea.

Last edited by DeathKnight1728 : 11-06-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Expert

As has been said elsewhere, anything + reaver tends to be a good bet. I personally enjoy reaver + firemage, for the fire shield combined with a strong two-handed weapon, plus the reaver's group-annihilating fire strike. It all scales well, as it's based on your DPS. Also, plate armor!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Legend

Good call Antigrav! That hybrid is on my list of classes to try out.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Elite

I like Weaponmaster/thief combo. Love the whirlwind mow the enemy down and then go trap/pic locks for lots of loot and expts. Not to mention the thief ability to get extra cash, magic items, etc.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Expert

Paladin/Reaver: I built this character as a plate armored evasion tank that uses a 1 handed weapon and shield. Shield Mastery and Bravery boosts your defense sky high while Terrorize debuffs enemies' attack making you even harder to hit. Ravage does enough damage to not be so concerned about finding a good 1 handed mace though if you do find one, raising Mace Mastery can help boost damage a little more. Breach and Crushing Blow passives make it easier to max crushing blow and deep wounds which helps free up item slots for critical hit bonus jewelry.

Warlock/Magician: My best pet summoner and most boring char to play! lol Get 1 skill level of Shadow Bolt, max Teleport and dump the rest of your points into Summon Fury. Attacking mobs with Shadow Bolt gets your furies to attack your target. Teleport is for getting away from mobs (and cave ins!) and traveling across dungeons more quickly. I found that Demon Mastery isn't so great and you are better off putting all your points into Summon Fury.

Druid/Druid: A hilariously overpowered character I tried after getting the idea from this forum! All your skill points go into Earthquake in 1 druid tree and Earth Mastery passives from both druid trees because they stack with each other. You end up as a mage character with a very low mana cost screen wide nuke that occasionally causes the dungeon ceiling to crush you to death. However, if you cast Earthquake fast enough you can "juggle" the cave ins and either destroy them while they are in the air so that they safely fall to the ground or you can slowly inch yourself away to safety between casts. You can juggle with base cast speed but a staff and gloves with cast speed bonuses gives you much more room for error. Even with this trick my reflexes are sometimes too slow to prevent death!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Elite

Thanks for all the combos suggested so far! I'll be adding those as suggestions for combos soon. Are there any combos that you feel people should stay away from because the just don't work well?

Thanks again for all the help!!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
Thanks for all the combos suggested so far! I'll be adding those as suggestions for combos soon. Are there any combos that you feel people should stay away from because the just don't work well?

Thanks again for all the help!!
Stay away from anything that is all offense and no defense. Assassin mixed with any offensive caster might sound great but there is no defense. Even the weaponmaster gets more defense than the Assassin as sword mastery gives parry/defense. Trust me on this, i had an assassin/icemage that used charged strike and he was a glass cannon. He could kill like no other but if someone blew on him, he was toast.

If you are generally going to use the assassin character, use a defensive build that has a shield, Gladiator, Paladin, Defender come to mind.

Also, dont use defender and try and melee him unless you have an offensive class to help him. So for example, dont go paladin/defender, paladin/warden, defender/any mage class. For the latter, if you decide to use a mage with defender, dont expect him to hit anything as he has no attack. The only build of the ones mentioned that might be done is the defender/paladin as mace mastery is there and if you increase 3 dex, 1 strength, 1 vit, you can do it.

Never forget the masteries with regards to being able to hit things. The thief class is one class for example that can hit anything no matter what and still have a reasonable defense, all due to mastery. Even though the paladin class is crippled with attack, if you put all your points in mace mastery and dex, he will hit things and be able to stay alive.

The weaponmaster is an exception to this. While the thief has high def and the paladin has a shield, the weaponmaster doesnt have a defense unless you master in swords. If you are new to the game, any build mentioned will do fine other than the ones we mentioned to avoid.

Also, just because certain builds dont work as well as others, doesnt mean you are screwed. If you have a good amount of attack, go with 2 dex, 2 strength, and 1 vitality for your warrior. If you need more to hit 3 dex, 1 vit, 1 strength. If you are caster, 2 dex, 1 vit, 2 intelligence or spirit for priest. And finally if you are finesse fighter 3 dex, 1 vit, 1 intelligence with 1 point to strength every 4 or 5 levels. Those are usually the best ways to distribute your stats and not drive yourself crazy.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Amateur

I've been enjoying my Necromancer/Gladiator hybrid quite a bit, the mana regen rate is mind boggling with that combination.

Combined with the multi-target slash (and my joy with berserk with 2H weapons), I can raise undead constantly and quickly.

Also, Disease Cloud is vicious in this hybrid even at lvl 1
Baldur - Archer/Reaver
Sybol - Trickster/Shaman
Sasha - Demonologist/Sorcerer
Old 01-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Expert

Druid / Paladin is an amazing combo, depending on your available pool of items.
Bravery is always amazing, and even more so here. You'll have 15% or less chance to be hit by monsters your level. Regeneration is always nice to have if you like playing a hit and run type of character. Stunning blow is amazing if you have a lot of stunning blow items, because you can keep enemies stunlocked forever.
Also, stalker is pretty amazing lategame and paladin offers a lot of room for weapon choice.