Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Legacy > Din's Legacy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2019, 03:25 PM
Amateur

Default World Generation request: No rival clans option

Like the post title said, I love generated missions where it's just me and my tiny settlement against the world. I'm not a big fan of the Depths of Peril/Zombasite style of your games. But if a new world has rivals and I quit, I'll get slapped with an XP penalty and my followup world may have rivals again.

I request a checkbox on the world generation screen for "no rival clans" as the solution. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2019, 07:18 AM
Elite

I would like this option also - I still play a lot of Din's Curse and like the "solo hero against the world" style.

You can avoid the XP debt penalty in one of two ways: 1) if you create a hardcore character the "Create New Area" option does not create XP debt (as of v1.002), or 2) you can have a new temporary character create a new area at the appropriate level for your character, then use the "Load different area" option on your character to load this new area without XP debt (although neither option guarantees you won't get other clans again, in my limited experience, areas with clans are not that common)
Old 09-16-2019, 08:26 AM
Elite

There are no more experience penalties in the game. The hardcore experience penalty was the only one in the game and it's gone. So, you don't need to avoid anything.

Not sure why you think there is one.