Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
PixelLord (and of course Shadow),

The Prima Donna option made me laugh. I don't usually go in for the more masochistic options, but I think I'm going to have to make a Prima Donna + Hunger + Only Hope... some class that I'll think of after staring at the options long enough. Probably name it something like Karen Carpenter.
Actually in Prima Donna, the character can only fight one handed as she has a Yorkie or Chiwawa in the other.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Legend

Thanks for the info on demon hunter. Ive got a question pixellord, do you know when we will be able to see the demon hunter class. I am very interested and are you working directly with shadow? Thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
Thanks for the info on demon hunter. Ive got a question pixellord, do you know when we will be able to see the demon hunter class. I am very interested and are you working directly with shadow? Thanks.
You could just ask Shadow, but it's my understanding that the Demon War Expansion pack should go beta shortly after Christmas. Shadow wanted it sooner, but wanted to finish up a few things plus add some polish. And, yes, I'm lucky enough to be working with Shadow. BTW, there is a LOT of cool new stuff in the expansion!!!!

Last edited by PixelLord : 12-22-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Amateur

the site says theres a warden class. will he be able to lock someone up or can he use magic to anihilate monsters?

and what is the demonologist part of the class?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Elite

Default Trap Information new to the help site

I have been meaning to add trap information to the "Help for Beginners" website that I created. I've been really busy with getting the Demon War Expansion ready, so I apologize for how long it has taken me to add this information to the help site. I especially want to thank Jeremy Osborne as I used all of his information (and pictures) to create the traps table. The traps table of information can be found here:

http://www.stephenhornback.com/id90.html

I still need to add more information about how a trap specifically affects the player (i.e. curse decreases your strength by ? percent).
Old 12-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Champion

Thanks for posting this up PixelLord. Glad I could contribute in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
I still need to add more information about how a trap specifically affects the player (i.e. curse decreases your strength by ? percent).
I spent some time looking through the prototype relationships in the .gdb files yesterday when I was looking for the traps. Unless I missed something, I think we'll need at least some basic formula from Shadow that would allow me to convert "trap level" into "impact of effect." It looked like most of the traps have a specific size - big or small - and also have a trap level.

If there isn't any internal formula that needs to be dug up from the code, I'll go through the data files and pull out the information and put it in a table.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Elite

Thanks for the trap tables! I kept forgetting what they were and running into trouble.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Elite

Don't forget to mention that the "magic explosion" trap specifically does Magic-type damage, which is why it tends to hit so heavily. Many characters are a bit lacking in magic resistance...
Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
Don't forget to mention that the "magic explosion" trap specifically does Magic-type damage, which is why it tends to hit so heavily. Many characters are a bit lacking in magic resistance...
PixelLord is most likely extremely busy helping to get the expansion ready for beta and beyond.

In the mean time, I had added an additional column about damage type in the tables that I put together:

PDF version
https://github.com/downloads/jeremyo...CurseTraps.pdf

(zipped up) HTML + images:
https://github.com/downloads/jeremyo...CurseTraps.zip

I'm sure over time we'll get all of this information gathered together and organized in an easy to digest format.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
I spent some time looking through the prototype relationships in the .gdb files yesterday when I was looking for the traps. Unless I missed something, I think we'll need at least some basic formula from Shadow that would allow me to convert "trap level" into "impact of effect." It looked like most of the traps have a specific size - big or small - and also have a trap level.
In general trap damage is 9-15 + 4-8 per level. You can find this in skills.gdb in entry SkillTrapBase.
Patreon