Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Amateur

Default Balance Issues

On NPCs:

It seems fighting against opposing clans whom have human characters is way more difficult than the non-human races.

Their HP seems incredibly high in comparison to the player. My cohorts at the moment also do more damage than me, including having twice as much hp or more. Not to mention the Clan Luminary buff they receive makes them even stronger.

I think the NPCs should be more in line with the player, despite them not receiving full skills. There should be no reason when I raid another village that I cannot 1v1 an enemy NPC at around the same speed as an ally, and have to use health potions during the fight to even survive when my ally NPC has no issue.

On Enemies:

The enchantments that cause Frost Nova on hit on certain monsters is extremely unfair to fight with certain classes, and with cohorts. Having around 10-15 novas go off in the matter of 3 seconds is a little ridiculous. Perhaps have an internal cooldown on abilities like this? It in particular makes the rogue and the warrior using berserk at a huge disadvantage since other enchantments can do the same thing.

The Zombie Mountain Saurians(I think?) which breathe fire and Goblin Fire Throwers, do an insane amount of damage. Any elites I encounter with damage mods basically melt my health in around 1.5-2 seconds.

Also is it intended that the zombie fire throwers inflict the zombie infection? It seems unrealistic as they are throwing fire.

On Traps/Explosions:

Some of them do waaay too much damage. Given very little reaction time when some of them are concealed either through corpses or ground clutter makes it seem a little unfair. Some green explosion from a boss death did enough damage to one shot one of my companions and myself, with no real way to know if or when that was even going to happen.

Just my general thoughts and things I think could be improved upon.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:42 PM
Champion

I agree with this.

Also, I think it's too easy to get into a pacing rut where you pretty much dominate an area, but it's too hard to end it and go on to the next one. It gets kinda boring when that happens.

In other words, it needs to be easier to finish areas.

I also think food foraging and herbs foraging should be on different timers.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Amateur

Yeah a separate timer for each which is fairly short (like 15-20 minutes) and then maybe a long timer for the actual zones(like the 1 hour upwards to 2 hours), giving more of a benefit of exploring other areas and having a larger world size at generation.