Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Elite

Ahh, sounds like sound insight. Many thanks for the info.

I love me my damage, & have wondered if the Big Bang could get 'Re-Tooled' into the Aimed Weapon's very badly needed AoE Damage Attack somehow... The lack of AOE Aimed Weapon, let alone one that does not suck, is still lots of reason why I shun the Computers Stat & use only Non-Aimed Weapons, in addition to how painful stat spread would get with Computers in factor even with my 8 Crew Points a level Mod. I can't handle that Double Component Breaking Speed problem that you & your skill can dodge around easily enough.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Elite

I do not quite understand why you need an specifically aimed area-of-effect weapon. It's not as if ships with very high attack have any trouble using the existing area-of-effect weaponry. Nothing prevents you from mounting a pulse, a shockwave or a Geo-magnetic storm generator on any ship.

But I agree that the Big Bang's usefulness is underwhelming. It would be a lot more useful if it had something like overflow damage - all damage beyond the one needed to kill the target could be split between the targets in range, or it could jump to the nearest target, and repeat until all the damage is used up.

The above would require a lot of additional programming, and may make the Big Bang a bit too powerful. While more options are always better, I think that Drox already has plenty of options. What it could really use is a bit of balancing, and a lot of depth.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Elite

Imho, Non-Aimed Weapon + Computer Component use & Computer Stat use = bad synergy. Aimed Weapon + Computers or non-Aimed Weapon + No Computers or you're wasting power ya can't afford to waste even with 8 Crew Points a Level + Balanced Command Mod, let alone in Vanilla.

As for the Big Bang 'Chain Lightning' Effect idea, why would that be OP...? it needs to hit freaking hard & handle plenty of foes effectively in that one shot in order to be useful. By it's very nature, the Big Bang is not a weapon that can be spammed like Lasers can be. Plus, space is vast & holds foes in vast quantities...
Old 11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning View Post
Aimed Weapon + Computers or non-Aimed Weapon + No Computers or you're wasting power ya can't afford to waste even with 8 Crew Points a Level + Balanced Command Mod, let alone in Vanilla.
Well, this is a Vanilla ship.
As you can see from its laser and missiles, it's an attack based ship.
It's firing at targets which are 40 levels higher than it is.
It's only using one single non-aimed weapon.
It may be wasting power, but I think it can afford to do so

By the way, I did not even take the screenshot to show off the weapon. I took it as proof that crew members can level up at level 100, and I was using the shockwave, which I keep for missile defense, because I was searching the storage pod.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-05-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Elite

Default Yet another attempt to reach level 100 with a Command Zero ship...

Another day, another Command Zero ship destined for the scrap yard. As few make it past level 75, I thought I'll post some snapshot while it still lives.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Elite

Dumbest. Death. Ever. Why the Hell did I decide to try a quest I've never seen with a Command Zero ship?!

By the way, 5000 damage at sector level 68? You may as well just say 'You die...'

Old 12-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Expert

How did u manage to install scaveneger specific komponents on other races ships? Use mod for that or there is an option in game to do that?
Old 12-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Elite

Neither. Some of the ships in this thread may be old enough to predate the patch that restricted scavenger components.

Or you may be looking at Infection and Reaper ships - those are Scavenger subraces, and can use scavenger components.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 12-22-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Expert

Screen shot was from Brunt ship so i assume it was pre-patch
Old 08-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Amateur

Here is my current ship. I used the chipping doubling bug to increase some stats of some items. I discovered the bug while chipping two valuable powerplants and two good engines in level 200... 3 of em doubled in a row while installing the extremely rare unbreakable chips and i noticed it some minutes after. I wanted not to throw that away (i found until now 10 unbreakable but i spent about 40 million in scavenging chips). Some days later i found and added the next chips and they doubled again, so i continued researching and using the bug on this ship.

Engine and powerplant are unbreakable. Other items are mostly chipped with resists. Atack seems to be low but works well in combination with radar and the (still very outdated!) virus weapons in level 200. Even a Atack of 6000 was enough for level 200. Shield regen was before doubling bug already at 300 (4 shields, 3 regen) and is now high enough to ignore whole fleets. The resists make my ship even 3 times harder and thus the regen 3 times more effective. So i actually dont need the defence.

The ship is still far away from perfection. Shields are just tripled and some items got wrong chips. Im currently working on 4 new weapons (same as used now, but closer to perfection) and replacing one of the crew member with a EM-Resist (need to get the stats from other crew member and crew items).

Here are two videos of this ship in action (Level 200 sector).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wc0m_2494A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUz1pr0zafE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ship1.jpg (91.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Kohlenstoff : 08-15-2014 at 01:08 PM.