Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > Din's Legacy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro* View Post
Just a small note: Teleport currently has a cooldown at max rank of 10 seconds. The character I mentioned is a legacy character from before the fix for when mutations could increase skills beyond max level.
Thanks for the correction. Either way, it should be a major investment of skill points to get it to that level.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Elite

I disagree, even at max level 10 seconds is incredibly long... the spell only saves you a few seconds here and there and is only moderately powerful at levels 1-50 (whenever you get it... and it's 60 seconds until you invest into it). Then, it is not very powerful in the 50+ level range imho, though my opinion may be skewed because my character power is always above average in the early-mid game due to using level 100 items. Making it require more investment would kill the spell off...

Last edited by Destro* : 05-01-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro* View Post
The mutation rollover bug gives me 20 free levels in Sprint.
Can you explain this part?
Patreon
Old 05-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

• increased item armor values by 20%
  • now higher difficulty levels can naturally spawn higher rarity monsters (Destro*)
  • decreased StatMultStrength of Kodiak Strength from 0.2 to 0.15
  • sprint now has a max skill level of 10
  • now if you have an equipped armor item that you don't meet the requirements for get an armor overload penalty (slower movement/decreased defense)
  • now if you have an equipped weapon and/or shield that you don't meet the requirements for get a weapon overload penalty (slower weapon and cast speed)
Patreon
Old 05-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Legend

I also recommend reducing the critical hit, deep wounds and crushing blow by half. Currently, it's way too easy to get to very high percentages, which blow up player power. Also these things are supposed to be special, and having them happen all the time makes them cheap.

I therefore recommend halving the values in classes.gdb (CrushingBlowPerStr etc) as well as the item magic modifiers (DynamicStatMultCrushingBlowBase,
DynamicStatMultCrushingBlowPerLevel etc).
Old 05-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Can you explain this part?
I made a short video explaining it and 2 other bugs. Please disregard the bad clips, I cut out like 5 minutes of 'nothing' from the video to make it shorter... and I'm not a pro video editor.

Basically, the bug is more complex than I expected. It's not a simple rollover, but a decrease caused by some events. My video catches one, mutating. As for the others, if they even eixst, I don't know. I'll keep an eye out. The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NPk...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Ah, ok. I understand what you mean now. That part is on purpose though. When you mutate with a specialty or character, it will recalculate your mutation level which is basically number of skills - number of starting skills + free mutation skill levels.

For example, when going up to mutation level 1 let's say you got a free skill level on whirlwind, then you got rid of that free level because you don't want to use whirlwind, and then you mutated with a different specialty, you would go back to mutation level 0.
Patreon
Old 05-02-2019, 04:40 PM
Amateur

I agree that spell/physical spell balancing really needs some work.

The easiest would be to just make them all scale the same, either by wep dmg or by flat numbers. Or both.

Otherwise it's too tough to balance. Same with heals.

A char with a lvl 1 phys dmg spell that scales with wep can easily fight higher level mobs no problem as long as their weapon is good. A lvl 1 firebolt cant do anything to a lvl.. 15 mob even.

Spellcasters basically feel starved for points while melees can put 1 point in the spell and then everything else into buffs.

Also pretty please an option to disable lengthy item tooltips for spells.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Elite

@Shadow

Ahh! I see now, I see! I had to think this over quite a bit and now I get it.

Well, that makes sense for why I have so many mutation points then, since you are effectively rolling your level back to regain them a second time.

And, it will be interesting to see how effective and time consuming min-maxing a single skill by trying to get all mutation points onto it will be.

I was kind of already doing this... but I guess I didn't really understand the mechanics of why what I was doing was working the way it was. Thanks for the clarification!

Last edited by Destro* : 05-02-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

• hooked up 1 female cloth skin
  • decreased CrushingBlowPerStr, DeepWoundsPerDex, MagicCrushingBlowPerDex, and CriticalPerInt by 50%
  • decreased crushing blow, deep wounds, and critical hit magic modifier values by 50%
  • fixed Strength calculation on status effects
  • now skills like Demonic Control that lose their effectiveness as monster level surpasses the strength level of the skill, there is now a minimum effectiveness of 20% (Mandark)
  • difficulty damage mult now applies to projectile, radius projectile, direct damage, and status effects
  • now a sound bank can randomly pick a base sound based on level seed
  • now a sound bank can randomly pick which sounds to use based on level seed
  • added a bunch of cave and dungeon sounds
  • fixed vbulletin character export having extra color commands that don't get parsed correctly
Patreon