Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-24-2012, 04:42 PM
eidolad eidolad is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 44
Default

Drox Operative is also a lot less click-crazy than other action-RPGs...use WASD keys to fly around, and as Bluddy mentioned: autotargeting selects enemies and you just hit the key assigned to attack.

After a weekend bouncing between Drox Operative and Torchlight II (yes, what a great year for pc gaming) I can say that Drox Operative is must less stressful on the ol' index finger.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 PM
cacodaemon cacodaemon is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Default

I am thinking about getting it but I tend to wait for demo's just to make sure
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Moonshine Fox Moonshine Fox is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidolad View Post
Drox Operative is also a lot less click-crazy than other action-RPGs...use WASD keys to fly around, and as Bluddy mentioned: autotargeting selects enemies and you just hit the key assigned to attack.

After a weekend bouncing between Drox Operative and Torchlight II (yes, what a great year for pc gaming) I can say that Drox Operative is must less stressful on the ol' index finger.
This is much agreed :P TL2 is great though. I was impressed with how it managed to catch that ol' lootgrinding feeling from Diablo 1 and 2. I'm having tons of fun with it.

Drox is a much different game, with a much more "set goal" than TL2. Drox and FTL feels quite similar, in that respect.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacodaemon View Post
I am thinking about getting it but I tend to wait for demo's just to make sure
We will eventually have a demo btw.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Patreon
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM
trjp trjp is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
Default

I've been hovering over the 'buy' button for a while now, but I've made a resolution not to get involved with any more Betas, because the process of bug chasing and resetting saves and losing stuff tends to spoil the final 'experience' of the game...

With that in mind, I'm wondering if you have a rough idea of when Drox Op. will be 'done' - I'm not thinking of an exact date but a ballpark of "sometime this year" or "probably Spring 2013" or whatever?

I realise it's lovely to take the "it will be done when it's done" approach ((C) Blizzard) but once I hit 'Buy' I'll only get dragged into it and after some games I've pre-purchased/Beta'ed ran on and on and on (one is approaching 2 YEARS in Beta)...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
PixelLord's Avatar
PixelLord PixelLord is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjp View Post
I've been hovering over the 'buy' button for a while now, but I've made a resolution not to get involved with any more Betas, because the process of bug chasing and resetting saves and losing stuff tends to spoil the final 'experience' of the game...

With that in mind, I'm wondering if you have a rough idea of when Drox Op. will be 'done' - I'm not thinking of an exact date but a ballpark of "sometime this year" or "probably Spring 2013" or whatever?

I realise it's lovely to take the "it will be done when it's done" approach ((C) Blizzard) but once I hit 'Buy' I'll only get dragged into it and after some games I've pre-purchased/Beta'ed ran on and on and on (one is approaching 2 YEARS in Beta)...
My best guess is that it won't be long now. Possibly by the end of this month and definitely before Christmas. Don't hold me to that though. Shadow has a better idea of how far along Drox is and makes the final decision regarding when to release the game.
__________________
Stephen A. Hornback
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM
trjp trjp is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
My best guess is that it won't be long now. Possibly by the end of this month and definitely before Christmas. Don't hold me to that though. Shadow has a better idea of how far along Drox is and makes the final decision regarding when to release the game.
Thanks for that - it's good to know it's close-ish at least.

If you compare it to something like Desktop Dungeons (in paid-Beta for 15 months now!?) or Infect Planet (similar timeframe) that's positively 'imminent'
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,413
Default

It's taken longer than I would like so far, so we could never do 15 months.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Patreon
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Sedlex Sedlex is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 71
Default

Buy it.

NOW.

Seriously, the game is, for all practical purposes, in a state which most developers would be happy to call "finished". Soldak & Co are doing an awesome job of polishing it up at this point. There's nothing in the current state that diminishes my enjoyment of this game.

Buy it.

NOW.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM
franck1813 franck1813 is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedlex View Post
Buy it.

NOW.

Seriously, the game is, for all practical purposes, in a state which most developers would be happy to call "finished". Soldak & Co are doing an awesome job of polishing it up at this point. There's nothing in the current state that diminishes my enjoyment of this game.

Buy it.

NOW.
agree
this game is so fun and deep. my first party took me 9h for a victory and around 100 quests to complete it . i had great fun playing it and hope it will come to steam when it will be out of the beta stage - its a must have.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.