Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Elite

Default Multiplayer question and feature request

Is there a console command that I can use to display my ping to a game hosted on the internet?

And while on the subject, since there are never more than 2 or 3 (at the very most) multiplayer games going on at once, can we do away with the region select function for internet games. It's really cumbersome to have to cycle through all 4 to check for a running game. Just have them all in the same pool with (if possible) a ping time next to the server name?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Expert

And if not possible, could there at least be one consolidation screen that specifies status (ie if a game is currently ongoing or not) of the four server sections? Last night I was playing with two fellows from Canada and Australia (USA myself) on the US East server. No lag issues (though I didn't question the Aussie about their performance)... just the need to cycle through each of the four server sectors in order to find the game in the first place.

Last edited by Aet : 01-05-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Forgetfulness/Geography Fail
Old 01-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

There isn't any ping stuff in the game currently.
Patreon
Old 01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aet View Post
And if not possible, could there at least be one consolidation screen that specifies status (ie if a game is currently ongoing or not) of the four server sections? Last night I was playing with two fellows from Europe and Australia (North America myself) on the US East server without any lag issues... just the need to cycle through each of the four server sectors in order to find the game in the first place.
Montréal is in North America

We could create games on a specific server but, when joining games, it should show ALL games and, near the name, what server it's on.

Last edited by Ghost Matter : 01-05-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Clarified
Old 01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Matter View Post
Montréal is in North America
Sorry! Couldn't remember which country you'd named, and the screenshot had failed me. Knew that timezone wasn't right anyhow, only being an hour away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Matter View Post
We could create games on a specific server but, when joining games, it should all games and, by the name, what server it's on.
Ooh, even better.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Elite

I have vouched for this before and am signing this petition. I agree with showing the region in parentheses next to the name, if you want to keep this feature. I personally don't care where my buddies are in the world, as long as I'm playing with someone and the lag is good.

I only ever play solo when I'm either organizing my items, or I don't have time to play a full town. Multiplayer is huge for me, and it seems to be getting a revival of interest since Demon War.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Expert

(Nods)

I love Multi-Player, even with my Single-Player Game resetting after each MP; I would still like to MP.

1 Main (Common) Room to show the games going on, so players can see if there is any activity to be had.

With the consolidated games under a single screen, this will in turn promote Multi-Play Sessions as crowds breed crowds, which works well for the community (seeing many games in progress at the same time); some sorta like a Battlenet-Lite.

/signed
Lu Zhi Shen(Assassin/Ice Mage) Lvl 12 -Inactive-

Latest Deaths (R.I.P.)

Med Iced Milo(Rogue) Lvl 34 -Deceased- (Killed by a Shock Rylor, aided by explosive barrels nearby in the cavern)