Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Expert

Default Demon War new features - Toggleable?

Hello, I was wondering if there are mutators or some other way to allow one to play Din's Curse in a more vanilla fashion after installing Demon War? I'm just wondering in case I want to play with the more static town's people.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Not generally, although there is a new slow NPC pace option in the latest build.
Patreon
Old 01-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Expert

Is there a way to change this in the middle of a town? I just started a new one and am not even finished with level one. There have been at least five attacks on the town so far. The warmaster and some vendors are already dead. Slowing down the attacks and fights would be good.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Elite

No, gotta learn the hard way. Pick a slower pace for the world and the NPCs when you make a new town.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Amateur

I'm in favor of an option to turn off (or slow down to an extreme degree) attacks and npc happiness degradation. They're great as-is when I'm playing, but my kids like to play and I generally have to save the town first and then let them play around in it.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
No, gotta learn the hard way. Pick a slower pace for the world and the NPCs when you make a new town.
Ok, the way it's going it won't be too much longer anyway.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Champion

I'd like the world options to be a bit more detailed too; to be able to jigger about with what kind of world you get.

For instance, I like to start with lots of things going on, but not necessarily 'fast' paced once it starts.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eides View Post
I'm in favor of an option to turn off (or slow down to an extreme degree) attacks and npc happiness degradation. They're great as-is when I'm playing, but my kids like to play and I generally have to save the town first and then let them play around in it.
The new Low Stress option coming in 1.014 might work well for the kids.
Patreon
Old 01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The new Low Stress option coming in 1.014 might work well for the kids.
I think I'll like it also. There was another attack and I lost the town shortly after my last post. I hadn't even finished the first level. Started a new town and was so overpowered in the dungeon I died twice pretty quickly and couldn't get my soulstone either time so my xp debt is huge.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
I think I'll like it also. There was another attack and I lost the town shortly after my last post. I hadn't even finished the first level. Started a new town and was so overpowered in the dungeon I died twice pretty quickly and couldn't get my soulstone either time so my xp debt is huge.
What level is your character at? There is a bit of a difficulty spike at about 20 for me (with all my characters) but it tends to get easier after that up to about 70 or so.

If you're having such a difficult time in the dungeons, then I doubt if the world pacing speed is the cause of your woes. More likely, you've just set the level of the dungeon too high for your character. You'll make less experience per kill on a lower level world but you'll be able to complete the quests at a much faster rate (that's where the experience is anyway), and doubtless, you'll level a lot more quickly too. The assumption that starting a world at the characters current level is a sure fire way to setup a world that your character will struggle to save. Especially with one of the less powerful hybrids, this will be the case.

Also, it's not really in the spirit of the game to slowly crawl through the levels and clear them all out. Sure it's a valid way to play if that's what you like, but realise that doing so is a kind of challenge game that will make things a lot harder on your character's abillity to save the town. The whole point of a living, dynamic world is to force players into making rushed decisions and imposing a bit of mayhem. I'm not inferring that that is your preferred playstyle, be aware that methodically clearing all the levels of the dungeon is neither required nor has any real point after a town is saved other than to satisfy a players need for obesessive completion.

Last edited by Kruztee : 01-13-2011 at 05:16 PM.