Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Champion

Is Crew happiness a sliding scale, or is there no benefit to having them at say 73 happiness as opposed to 61? At what point do we need to start worrying about their happiness level? I've just been paying them every so often to keep it above 60.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Champion

Same question here !

And please, add a button to "pay everyone to the max"
Old 06-17-2012, 06:55 AM
Elite

I don't know for sure, but I think crew members level up faster when they're happy.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aReclusiveMind View Post
Is Crew happiness a sliding scale, or is there no benefit to having them at say 73 happiness as opposed to 61? At what point do we need to start worrying about their happiness level? I've just been paying them every so often to keep it above 60.
They will refuse to work at 10 and leave at 0. The most optimal happiness from a pay perspective is 50. Currently that is about all that matters.

However, I like Valgor's idea. I think in a future patch I'm going to make them level up faster the higher their happiness is.
Patreon
Old 06-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Expert

I wrote in the beta threads that I think the crew should have their own area to be equiped which would allow you to install more light items. I think perhaps adding quests due to crew you find, you could also have heroes and stuff.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Elite

He doesn't want to add a bunch more slots because it would take away having to make hard choices. I still am pro crew quarters even if they only hold two crew. He thinks that would make a lot more "bags" and become too tedious/complicated. I'm going to think about it more.

Currently, I play with about half crew in the light slots.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post
He doesn't want to add a bunch more slots because it would take away having to make hard choices. I still am pro crew quarters even if they only hold two crew. He thinks that would make a lot more "bags" and become too tedious/complicated. I'm going to think about it more.

I think the key point here is that having a crew is cool. Everybody wants to have crew members, especially ones that go up in level. I don't even care that my current crew members barely contribute to my stats -- it's just too cool to not have them. So it's not really much of a choice. I'm not going to equip other items instead of my crew -- especially not light items, which so far in my experience are mostly non-competitive.

I'll probably always have an escape pod, even though I've never used it. And I'll always have at least one crew member and probably 2. So you might as well move 2 light slots into permanent crew quarters. The remaining light slots could have makeshift crew quarters placed in them so they can be used for crew as well if the player wants that.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post

Hmm, I see what he is thinking however I think he needs to expand on the crew more then they are now...with crew slots it could be interesting, especailly if the player had to chose where to put them. Imagine if you had to have a combat officer, engineer, medic etc? Now, add in the fact of different races and you potentialy have the ability to have quests generated due to internal strife/external conditions that effect your crew.

The whole point is everyone loves the crew members, which takes away from your light components (I only have an escape shuttle there and three crew members). At the moment I think the majority of light items don't get used due to that fact. There is no hard choice if you are going to use the crew anyways.

Expanding crew members adds an element to your ship, now add in the fact they could maybe perhaps get killed in combat and woah adds so much.