Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2015, 03:34 AM
Champion

Default Too many levels of elixirs?

What's everyone's thoughts on the different levels of +attribute and +resist exlirs?

There are 15 types of each elixir, and 12 different elixirs (not including health and mana), for a total of 180 items. And they only go up to level 75, so there's a new "level" available every 5 or 6 character/monster levels (plus ones that drop above and below your character/monster level).

Personally, I feel like there's too many of them spread over too many different incremental levels. The health and mana ones are fine as-is IMO, but the others I chug just to get them out of my inventory but they still build up, and because the levels they drop are so narrow, I end up with just one or a handful of each different type sitting in my inventory/stash before advancing to the next slightly better version. (Being a pack rat doesn't help, admittedly. )

I'd propose dropping it down to maybe 9 "levels" of each elixir, with new ones dropping every 8 levels or so (with the first upgrade a little earlier, like it is currently).

I don't find myself using +attribute elixirs like crew modules in Drox Operative, so it's just a nice buff to one stat whenever I happen to use one. Plus with the 15 minute effect, you can only go through them so fast (not to mention +status effect time enchantments on gear). +resist elixirs I can see being used more often, but I don't really find myself going out of my way to gear up for specific encounters or anything.

It rubs me the wrong way to salvage them for some reason -- I don't feel like I should have to do that, they should be more precious and useful than salvage fodder.

Thoughts?
Old 11-06-2015, 03:33 AM
Amateur

I completely agree with there being a problem of such a fine gradient, although I would propose getting rid of all tiers. What if stat elixers gave a +50% base stat, health/mana potions gave 25% max pool over 10 seconds, resistance potions gave current vitality stat? An upshot of this is that curing zombitis could be linked to amount your HP is being regenerated, so healing abilities, vitality, and healthstone could be a factor in overcoming infection.

Last edited by Nesmo : 11-06-2015 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Elite

I agree. Not much to add to it, just that it's currently too much variety, too soon, taking up too much inventory.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Elite

The good news is that there is very simple, time honored way of dealing with this problem: Allow us to recombine X potions and elixirs of Type N into one potion of Type N+1.

All it would take is another crafting ingredient, call it 'alchemical compounds'. When you click on a stack of potions with it selected, X potions are taken away, and a potion of the higher type is created.

---------------

Too bad there is no such easy way of allowing the player to recombine a pocketful of crappy gems into a better one. Although, maybe when the player clicks on a gem with the 'gem transmuter' tool selected, the gem could be improved as long as a similar type gem is found in the player inventory. The gem transmuter tool would be attached to a specific clan's crafting station. You would need an alliance to use it, and it would cost cash.

Just imagine the possibilities that would open. Each clan could have a specialty - the Inferno could add Fire damage to weapons, the Moonies could make gear stealthier, and the Big heads could add magic damage to armor. So maybe then there would be a reason to care whom I have just encountered.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-10-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Elite

When I have too many, I scrap the lower level ones.