Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Elite

Something just happened to all my guards. As far as I remember they were anywhere from levels 32 to 9. Now, the mouse overs say that they are all in between levels 54 and 24, although the requirements have not changed - I can still move them around.

It may be relevant that I met a beastmaster (guard vendor) in the wilderness.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:13 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
Something just happened to all my guards. As far as I remember they were anywhere from levels 32 to 9. Now, the mouse overs say that they are all in between levels 54 and 24, although the requirements have not changed - I can still move them around.
Have you recently gone between world levels (Normal -> Champion, for instance), or perhaps just hit level 25, 50 or 75? I believe mine jumped levels in new worlds at those points.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just had a set item break, permanently, when I tried to upgrade it... Goes without saying, it was nowhere near broken when I started.
What type of repair/crafting were you doing to it?
Patreon
Old 11-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Elite

It was Mudbeard's helmet, and I was doing the basic upgrading, which shares a material with repairs. I had raised the level maybe six or seven times, once every level, and it just broke, which on hardcore is permanent. I was just spamming clicks - I would MUCH prefer it if there was a fixed, much higher, of course, cost for upgrading.

-----------

By the way, when you mouse over a clan member's defense, you still see your own specific defense categories. Block, parry, evade, deflect, dodge - those are the player's, not the member's.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-12-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It was Mudbeard's helmet, and I was doing the basic upgrading, which shares a material with repairs. I had raised the level maybe six or seven times, once every level, and it just broke, which on hardcore is permanent.
That was not intentional. I think I have it fixed for version 0.906.
Patreon
Old 11-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Elite

I really appreciate how quickly you have been improving this game since it entered Beta. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Elite

It seems to me that the "Buried Death" enemies do not become active, no matter what the player does. The reason that I think so is that for a while, I have been unable to complete the "Find N buried death body segments to cure X." quests. But now I am playing a caster, and she often kills Buried Deaths that I do not know about by using her Arcane Barrage's tendency to target random objects.

So, can you check that Buried Death are actively hostile to a player wandering nearby, especially in underground dungeons?
Old 11-15-2015, 08:45 AM
Champion

I've played my current character for about 2-3 hours without a bag drop. Very frustrating to put it mildly.

The way level scaling works, more distant areas are higher level. That's fine. Or it would be, except that you often start new areas cursed, typically with something that desperately needs curing (like insanity, or hunger, or black death if you are melee) - and it is either a) in a high level zone you aren't ready for and can't possibly be ready for; or b) in a zone that is inaccessible until you have reached a higher level, by virtue of the fact there is no access to that zone except by travelling through (literally) 7 other zones. I'm not sure if it's intentional, but it is certainly infuriating.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Elite

It can be frustrating. But I do not mind it when some challenges are insurmountable. There are a few things that you can do to deal with it:
- you can always start a new area.
- you do not have to start areas at your own level, you can go lower.
- some problems can be counteracted with the right relics.
- some classes can teleport across walls, or sneak past enemies.
- some problems are limited to single clan members who can be thrown out.
- some ingredients can be found in earlier areas.
- you can deliberately infect yourself so that you can ignore many enemies

This said, I have lost characters because a nasty curse was pressuring me. But it was always psychological, i.e. I was letting it drive me harder than it should have.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:58 AM
Champion

It's more the 2nd case where it looks like a curse is 2 zones away but no, you need to travel 6-7 to get there. It drives me insane.

I also am not a fan of the whole 'cursed at the start' mechanism. In Din's Curse there were challenges from the beginning of the game but things didn't hit the fan until you had failed to solve the issues. In this game, when you start things have *already* hit the fan and they only get better until I am chasing down dribs and drabs, going out of my mind with boredom - or they get rapdily worse until I quit in disgust that the game shafted me.

That's what it feels like to me, I'm sure others have a different view.

I'm sharing this because I love this game and want it to get even better, not because I hate it.