Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Amateur

Default How do YOU manage food?

Hi.

Trying to bring life to the forum, so I'm hoping this will start a discussion.

When I am not in need of food, I still check trading with other clans to purchase theirs

Upon receiving the hungry notification, I send out a hunting part, which always has a tragical ending (last time I got 3 food, before that I lost 5 members).

Since all fails, I end up destroying other clans, which is insane in the quantity of food. However, I am not too keen on killing others.

How do you do it?
Old 11-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Elite

Primarily, don't let your clan outgrow its food supply - I almost never have more than 10 people in my clan. Normally, I have 6-8 strong fighters, preferably with skills complimentary to mine for party and fort defense, and 2-4 commoners with good hunting, foraging, happiness, and crafting skills, and I'm consistently ranked as top clan. Get rid of people if needed (ones with high insanity are a good choice). The rest will be unhappier, but at least they won't starve.

As noted above, make sure you have commoners (or fighters) who have hunting/foraging skill. I normally send 2-3 such folks out with my 2-3 strongest fighters in the hunting party to maximize both food production and survivability. Also, check the statistics of each potential hunting area - each one has a pop up showing the quality percentages for hunting and foraging, then pick the best one.

All your other ideas I agree with - buy from other clans as much as possible, raid when necessary.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:57 PM
Amateur

Aha! I have either had 42 recruits, or 3. I play in zones 20 level higher, that is one major reason for having my people die on a hunting mission. It will get better at level 100 I suppose.

Thanks Caal!
Old 11-29-2015, 04:43 AM
Amateur

I keep 2 good fighters minimum (To bring with me for tough fights and the like) and the rest are fighters with food related skills or commoners with multiple. My hunting parties need no fighter protection, because whenever I'm back home, I rotate party members and bring the lowest levelled ones to an appropriate area; The hunters are their own protection. This can make progression take a while, but if I'm bored or if I'm in a hurry, I bring my best fighters instead and rush to where I need to be.

I've had 12 members at the most thus far, majority of which had skills that helped with food management. I'm not afraid of kicking them out if there's too many mouths to feed.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:17 AM
Amateur

I just kicked out a few low-level recruits of mine, I can probably survive much longer now.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:53 AM
Expert

Most of my clan are going insane. I have them all set to R&R but they continue to try to kill each other. Oh, well! No one likes them, anyway!