Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Expert

Default Post Your Skill Preferences

I'm starting anew on this game, and wanted some suggestions for good builds, whether they be hybrids or skill preferences for any of the main classes. I suck pretty badly at vanilla, and dislike dying (although I haven't dared hardcore yet), so I need all the help I can get.

I like making up themes for my characters, like fire mages running clans called the Torchbearers and selective recruitment and all that. Particularly interested in starting a fire-spec mage in my next attempt at a playthrough. However, as much as I enjoy my imagination, my theory crafting when it comes to winning builds leaves much to be desired.

Anyway, this can serve as a spot for sharing your builds, skill preferences and such if you have nothing specific to impart.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Amateur

Hunter / Warlock

I am trying this combination in this very moment, and while I have a huge army of Screes doing the heavy work, I can lay traps freezing and damaging enemies from behind.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Elite

The standard class which I find the most effective and capable of surviving Hardcore is the new Death Knight. The status effects that decrease your maximum mana are awesome, and his multiple debuffs on hit add up. All of those come on top of the very solid two-handed and sword/axe masteries.

The most devastating straight melee damage dealer is the Weaponmaster/Blackguard. He is a glass cannon, but he can easily one-shot anything that comes close. He is absolutely straightforward - four masteries that enhance your two-handed sword, and pick two skills to kill with - one single target and one for mobs.

The safest character I've used is a Defender/Magician. Rock solid defense - plate armor, shield that can be used with a wand, three defense skills, and a defense multiplier skill. Then you have a damage shield, a teleport for getting out of tight spot, and the arcane barrage that is devastating as long as you choose you terrain and kill from afar.

I play only hardcore, so I only play characters that either have solid defense or kill quickly enough to keep safe. There are much better glass cannons, but those will die through no fault of their own, sometimes.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Elite

I currently have a level 57 hardcore hunter-warlock, using only serrated arrow, summon fury, and demon mastery.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:12 AM
Champion

I've got a level 100 vanilla Ranger, with points primarily in Flaming Arrow (single target), Exploding Arrow (AoE) and Split Projectiles -- with a TON of +Extra Projectiles gear and relics. I've been one-shotting pretty much everything in worlds 10-20 levels above me for quite a while. I do have a great bow (274 DPS), but with so many extra shots on my skills, it's just pure devastation.