Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Expert

Default Displeased with some of the changes...

Ok, I'll start with this - I know you can't please everyone.

But I have to say that I am really disappointed in the direction the game has taken with some of these lastest changes...

- Many of the character classes are severly gimped. Their skill sets need to be re-vamped - and those classes that were useful keep getting their powers nerfed (thunderbolt's stun-lock was actually useful against monsters like TARIS and now that's been taken away from us as well).
- This new food classification system is absolutely absurd and unbalanced. The regular stuff isn't always available, but the better stuff is at a higher price.
- It feels that I am much to high of a level (23 - on this NEW character) for the armour/weapons/food that is being found or sold.
- Bags seem to be rarer than set-items now. They used to be bountiful, now they're impossible to get/find.
- The monters seem to be hitting much harder now compared to before and succeeding in laying down crits much more often.
- The cost of food and potions is often severly high compared to the amount of gold one can find or get for items which means I'm spending my time being BROKE.

There are some good points still, but one doesn't bitch about those things to get changes made. :P

These last changes have actually made the game unpleasant for me and my brother to play - which is sad because we really enjoyed playing Din's online together (we've logged many, many DAYS worth of time playing this online). It's to the point where I'm posting this and he's looking for an alternative.

We applaud the work you do on Din's and it's Addon, but man, some things just shouldn't be messed with.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Champion

I have to agree on some things here.

I have decent AC but I can't take hits anymore, and get crits often, and we aren't really playing with the higher difficulty settings that are available.

Changing thunderbolt, which has been a core skill for us since the beginning, was a little jarring as well.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Legend

Well what is the chance of stun? If it is lower than 25% then a change should make it to 25% or 40%. Those are much more reasonable than what it is now. I heard it was 10% but i dont think that is correct.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Expert

stunning blow? 5% iirc
Old 02-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baki View Post
stunning blow? 5% iirc
The chance of stunning blow on thunderbolt is 5%?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0stly_harmless View Post
- Many of the character classes are severly gimped. Their skill sets need to be re-vamped - and those classes that were useful keep getting their powers nerfed (thunderbolt's stun-lock was actually useful against monsters like TARIS and now that's been taken away from us as well).
- This new food classification system is absolutely absurd and unbalanced. The regular stuff isn't always available, but the better stuff is at a higher price.
- It feels that I am much to high of a level (23 - on this NEW character) for the armour/weapons/food that is being found or sold.
- Bags seem to be rarer than set-items now. They used to be bountiful, now they're impossible to get/find.
- The monters seem to be hitting much harder now compared to before and succeeding in laying down crits much more often.
- The cost of food and potions is often severly high compared to the amount of gold one can find or get for items which means I'm spending my time being BROKE.
Balancing DC is a monster of a task what with all the classes and the fact that the game needs to remain balanced for 100 levels. Your feedback is very important, so don't get discouraged.

Of the things you said, I can say that bags don't seem that rare to me. By bags do you mean real bags that hold 8 items? Because those are rare, but 6 item holders are quite plentiful in my experience, especially if you check up on vendors.

I see people complaining about the cost of food a lot. I think maybe the inflation rate should be lowered. The current inflation assumes that people should pay more money for stronger portions/food as they build up gold. However, in higher levels, the chances of dying are higher, so there's already a need for consuming more potions and food. Going broke because you're trying to survive is probably not a fun experience for most people. And since the main way to make money is from selling junk, it means that once you've hit a difficult dungeon floor you're really stuck, which is not good.

I'm also a little iffy about the quality food items, if only because you now have similar looking food that doesn't stack and takes up even more space in your inventory.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
I'm also a little iffy about the quality food items, if only because you now have similar looking food that doesn't stack and takes up even more space in your inventory.
For what it's worth, I agree with this 100%

I really don't see the advantage of having the quality food items. There was already enough variety for me without them.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
For what it's worth, I agree with this 100%

I really don't see the advantage of having the quality food items. There was already enough variety for me without them.
I agree also. If more foods really are needed, add maybe 3-4 new ones and readjust the steps between all the foods.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Amateur

I haven't found problems with food/potion economy issues, that might be character/playing differences. But ... sheesh ... the bag availability. Gee I see a wandering bag vendor and they have 2 bags and when they restock they have only 1 bag. I found "bag vendor" in the dungeon - and they had NO bags. Sigh.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Legend

Am I missing something? How many bags are needed?

Part of the experience is that you slowly (but not that slowly) build up carrying capacity. I've never had trouble getting bags even by random drops. I play for a while with limited capacity and inevitably the bags pop up along the way.
Satchels, as I mentioned, are rare. Plus you could always store bags in the common stash with other characters and then borrow some of them for the current character, so I have a hard time seeing how bags are a problem.

EDIT: didn't notice the no bags part. I'd consider that a bug. But I think the bag count is kept down to add some measure of interest in collecting bigger bags. At the same time, bag vendors are rare enough that they might as well give you a bunch of big bags.

Last edited by Bluddy : 02-13-2011 at 09:05 AM.