Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
The pace of the game is huge. Because of the paths through areas not connecting in a logical way, I was level 6 trying to get through a level 9-10 area (after going through through a dead town around level 8) to get to the other areas that were my level with quests I needed to tackle. Lost a half dozen clan members to infighting, unhappiness for being on guard duty, and in my party trying to get through higher levels with no gates nearby to keep running back to town and fix invasions.
Eh, forgot to mention.
%game_path%\Assets\assets004.zip\Database\world.gd b
'ExtraLevelConnectionChance 0.25' -> 'ExtraLevelConnectionChance 1'
Feels much better.

Last edited by Forevener : 02-28-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:57 PM
Elite

Maybe this could be adjusted in the official version as well. In general, the environment is kind of a hassle to navigate compared to DoP and Din's.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forevener View Post
Eh, forgot to mention.
%game_path%\Assets\assets004.zip\Database\world.gd b
'ExtraLevelConnectionChance 0.25' -> 'ExtraLevelConnectionChance 1'
Feels much better.
I'd do that -- I've modded Soldak games before -- but for now since I'm technically beta testing I haven't done any mods. Hard to give feedback on the game as-released if I fiddle with it.

But I'll keep this one in mind. Definitely considered it.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Elite

Ok, here's a pretty big list:

Problems:

I think my own NPC's hellstorm spell killed my town gate. :/

My town was attacked and they lit it on fire. The fire went out but the fire sound didn't... I ran around a bit wasting time trying to figure out if there was still anything on fire, but it was just a noise that was in full "directional" stereo in my headphones.... I was going to try the ice trap on it. :P

Is this thing on?

Food Sense -- both on items or the Food Sense skill for hunters. Is this thing on? Really? when I have +107% (+99% from the skill, +8% from an item) I don't think I'm seeing more food than my characters who don't have it at all. Am I wasting skill points? If 107% doesn't do anything, then why have items that give +8%? The text says "Search dead bodies" -- Does this mean the containers on the ground that say "Dead Body"? they don't give me food either. Is this active or passive?

My NPC's shuriken goes awol all the time. Does he have a visual impairment? I mean not just missing -- not even AIMING at the monsters. Off by about 80 degrees into nowhere. Use the Force, rogue. He aims correctly maybe 10% of the time but he always shoots a shuriken before running into battle.

Requests

Is there any way to split stacks of potions/buff items?

Is there a way to turn off the blinking + on the skill/spell book when you have too few points to actually spend on anything? When I have 1 point left and everything costs 3+ points it's kinda something you have to learn to ignore -- then later you ignore it and find out you have 20 points waiting to be spent -- oops, no wonder I keep dying.

Meaningful Rants:

I'm pretty worn out with hitting 10+ barrels in a so-called storage area and getting 1 normal item. Pointless button-clicking. Shouldn't there be a higher chance that storage areas will have something useful in them like alcohol, food, equipment, raw crafting materials... What are these people/monsters storing that's not useful to us? Duh -- I got it: They're storing barrels!

When NPCs dislike or hate each other, why does it always come to blows? Refuse to work together. Be sarcastic and snide. Oppose them at the town meeting. Vote against them for town governor. Maybe I'm just getting nitpicky -- but dudes it's the zombiepocalypse. Take a chill. We got bigger things to fight. I have yet to see an NPC counselor/mediator/therapist. What happened to that? How about Life Coach skill. Meditation? Yoga? lol Seriously though -- is there any way that the Diplomat characters can mediate townsfolk relationships??
Old 02-29-2016, 02:10 AM
Amateur

Seems the "child quests" aren't accessible as other quests are, so for example I can't find out where that assassin that my Arch-Nemesis sent is.

It also seems that if you accept the Kill Your Arch-Nemesis quest (not in area), and more child quests are added, it is removed from the accepted quests window, and not made available again in the available quests window.

It also seems that some of the child quests are attached to my town's map area, despite none of the relevant things being in my town.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So I go through the town gate, there's my nemesis. I'm level 1, I have both my clansmen with me. They both die in the first battle with him, I've got a bow so I'm able to pick off some of the reinforcements. He keeps bringing in reinforcements and drinking health potions.
Your Nemesis is not supposed to be that early.

Quote:
A way to put out fires would be nice. Do ice storms/ice traps, etc. work?
Ice Bombs will work. Other things are supposed to, but I haven't tried them in a long time.

Quote:

Is there a way to turn off the blinking + on the skill/spell book when you have too few points to actually spend on anything?
I don't think we have a way to split stacks.

There is an option to turn off all blinking, but not that individual one.
Patreon
Old 02-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Your Nemesis is not supposed to be that early.
It wasn't the arch-nemesis -- it was the area nemesis. Too many nemisi? nemesises?

Quote:
Ice Bombs will work. Other things are supposed to, but I haven't tried them in a long time.
Ice traps work. Quite well. Been using them both in town and in forest areas. I suppose the ice storms work too then.

Quote:
I don't think we have a way to split stacks.
Me either... I'd love to be able to take 15 potions adventuring so if I pick up some along the way I save space in my inventory rather than start a whole new stack. Ah well.

Quote:
Ok. I might consider that just so it's not nagging me.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:51 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
For both the Skills and Character icons on the bottom hotbar, it'd be great if once you opened the related subscreen, the plus sign remained if there are points left, but it stopped blinking at that point. Leveling up would reset it to blinking again.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:01 PM
Elite

Quote:
Shift-Ctrl left click takes one potion from a stack and puts it in another inventory slot.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:13 AM
Expert

Warning, this is more feedback than bug reporting:

I think that bags should open automatically when first equipped, to avoid confusion for new players, and I think maybe even vets would prefer this.

Maybe these are just me, but merchant frequency, whether via world or visits, seem to vary SO WIDELY world by world, one world can see many merchants right from the get go, other worlds could seem to have 0 the whole playthrough? Also, compared to relics and other things, getting guard drops just seem way too rare. Maybe all this is just my random luck, but I've been playing a decent amount of these latest versions.

Also it might be just me, but other Clans seem to be dying out quicker from Monsters than even before, to me it seems AI Clans could be a bit less weak (or stupid maybe ?) They can have a much higher power ranking than me and Monsters seem to take them out very quickly. You have been adding a lot with Monsters/Zombies lately and maybe this is why?

Right now in it's current state, waypoints are a bit useless, unless that will be expanded upon later with arrows pointing to them on the outer edge of the minimap. I would only like waypoints for the JUST the current region show up as those arrows, as the maze-like layout of the whole world, arrows would probably often sidetrack players...

Also, Left/Right cursor doesn't work on the clan info screen to browse members, whether thats intended or not, it would be nice to have..

Speaking of sidetracking...

One thing that bothers me with the interface is some other games can make better use of clicking to escape the various screens, for example, having an outer border on the map and relation screens to close the screen. For instance, some people can play with just a mouse or touchscreen (say playing the game via tablet on a nvidia shield) on games like this, and having "escape" as a needed button at times maybe outdated (and maybe the cursor keys to some extent). Making better use of right click would help a lot in general, say for instance, you have a clan member inventory open, or your stash, maybe right click should change in those instances.

Also can have mouse scroll maybe serve as left/right cursor depending on whether the mouse cursor is hovering over a weapon/armor item, and maybe, with some extra specific implentation, make it even possible to scroll through your members equipped items on the trading screen.

Also a wish, I would love having WASD movement keys, it can make multi tasking a lot easier, right now I use a weird combo of controller and mouse to make this possible, adding Movement keys would make me look less of weirdo while playing (I also use joytokey to have modifiers to make more hotkeys possible on a controller with 1 hand lol)

Also with how much I've played and enjoyed this game, I should've tracked more actual bugs by now, and I apologize for that. I'll try to be more on top of them.