Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2017, 04:22 AM
Amateur

Default Help needed regarding the shield system

Hi everyone,
I was wondering what is the idea behind the shield bonuses in Zombasite. In a real scenario, a shield would lower your chance of avoiding any hits, but instead increase a chance to block it (based on your dexterity).
In Zombasite this doesn't seem to be the case. The shield provides a small increase in block chance plus defense.
Is there anything I miss here?
Also, I tried to change the bonuses in Items/Shield but with no results.
Can anyone help me change the bonus a shield gives from defense to only blocking ? And also to increase the block values it provides?
Thank you in advance.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

In our games, block, parry, evade, etc. all put together are your defense. Basically the game does the attack/defense calculation to see if an attack actually hits or not. If if misses, it then figures out the cause (block, parry, etc).

As for your modding to change the amount of defense a shield provides, it might have worked but items already existing would not have changed any. You would need to find a new shield to see if the new values were working.
Patreon
Old 01-26-2017, 10:41 AM
Amateur

Talking

Hi,
It is an honour to receive an answer from the designer/programmer of this game himself
I am a big fan of your games and I am very disapointed that they don't get the popularity of other big names in this genre. I played a lot of arpgs and these are the only ones that hooked me. I guess they don't address to that young target that the others do. These resemble the most the classic Diablo 2 that we all loved while adding a new dimension and intensity to the gameplay. The endless modding customisation is a huge plus to the games.
Anyway I got carried away . Thank you for the help. It all makes sense now
I can't wait the expansion and the new game of course
Best regards.