Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Amateur

Post What is next?

Hello, I was reading from time to time latest tweets about Soldak and it's games, so next will be the Expansion to Zombasite and an unnamed new game.
I have a few questions then, if senior developer wouldn't mind to answer:
1. Any dates to Expansion and new game?
2. What changes Zombasite will suffer from the upcoming expansion? Will it be overhaul or just add more stuff? Any serious changes to the game? Would you remake HUD for Zombasite? It is the weakest spot in my opinion.
3. Could you spare some information about the new game? As far as I understand the new game takes basis on your previos works, and will be directed more to online play?
I would like to read any information that you decide to introduce to me. I am not a journalist, just qurious man that play your games since Depths of Peril. Games that have been made by your studio have it's very own taste.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:25 PM
Champion

I'm curious too ;o. Those tweets get me so hyped!

If I may, I'd like to ask one more question. Any chance that a new class is coming? This is what I've got my fingers crossed for to hear about next.

(I've personally been working on a small class suggestion for a lil' while, so this is just within my range of interests at the moment.)

Last edited by Destro* : 01-28-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

1) No official dates, but I'm hoping to get both of them out this year (the expansion first).

2) Usually our expansions add new things that have serious impact in the game, so kind of something between an overhaul and just new stuff. I will probably do some UI work. Any specific UI changes you would like to see?

3. The new game isn't any more online than our other games. Here's a quick take of the new game:
  • hardcore characters
  • characters have random skills (you have control of the initial class)
  • characters mutate over time
  • the next generation of characters are "bred" from parents to pass along skills, advantages, disadvantages, attribute bonuses, etc (you have a decent amount of control over what gets passed to the next generation)
  • multiple characters can adventure in the same world (I mean your characters, not multiplayer)
  • each new world is a different scenario and can have a very different layout, win condition, lose condition, and other differences

4) I'm hoping to add a new class to the expansion, but right now I don't have a good idea of one that will fit with all of the others and have 3 subclasses.
Patreon
Old 02-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Champion

I do tend to agree that it is quite hard to make a fully functional class that can synergize well with the other classes. Each additional class scales the number of hybrid combinations by a lot.

(Perhaps wrong math, but I think it's (sum of 1 to 18) to (sum of 1 to 21) = (171 to 231 combinations!, A ~25% increase!))

Perhaps over the weekend I will brainstorm a few unique ideas that would fit well into the game. Maybe something will provide a bit of inspiration.

Edit: Still working on my writeup. Will post it in tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last edited by Destro* : 02-05-2017 at 08:54 PM.