Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Champion

Default Miscellaneous Things/Issues/Notions

I'll hopefully get to more later tonight, but for now this is the day's haul heading into dinner. I tend to be savagely methodical in my methods for testing.

-Error on Mail Armor skill within Hybrid checking screen. "ChainArmorDesc" on the line where it should probably mirror what is said for the Leather
Armor skill: "Can use any type of leather armor."

-"Damage Mult Bonus" skill should probably replace "Mult" with "Multiplier if possible.

-Please Auto-Squelch model attack sounds and leave just music playing when in build detail screen at creation.

-Thief Skills Slice and Caltrops have listed Max Skill levels of 30. No other tier 1 skills at the least have any mention of a cap at all across all.

-Priest Skill Prayer: "...DisruptsEeffect" Should be "DisruptsEffect"

- Wizard all~ Potion and drink bonus issue/inconsistency.

Fire Mage= "Potions and drinks replentish more mana than normal" Correct to "replenish". +30% bonus
Ice Mage= "Can use potions and drinks to refill mana" +30% bonus
Magician= Same description as Ice Mage, but +40% bonus listed?

-Fire Mage Skill Immolation: "8.0 damage every 1 second" Is this supposed to be Fire Damage or physical or typeless? Others in pool specify Fire.

-Archer description "thin the enemies number." Think it is supposed to be "enemies' number".

-Archer Skill Multishot "Shoots 3 magical arrows at once" yet "+10% Lightning damage" Should be Magic-type damage since there is already Shock Bolt?

-Druid Skill Earthquake: Magic-type damage instead of Physical-type damage?

-Can select the same focus twice as a Hybrid "Gladiator/Gladiator". Potential source of trouble with Random option I'd reckon.

-No damage/duration for Flaming Oil item?

-Vendor ID's all starting stuff(the junk with nothing TO ID about it) for free, but the Gambler is asking for 79CP versus the starting 75CP for the same
"service". Nothing changed but the gambling wares, 69CP another time.

-Marie the gambler "though liches are undead being" Should be "beings" with how it was stated.

-Marie the gambler "went to war with each other of the spoils of conquest" Should be "over" between "each" and "the".

-Marie the gambler "...God, Mortus." No need for a "," in this case I think.

-Marie the gambler "I'm Mean." Should be "mean" I guess?

-Marie the gambler "Gods breath..." I would think it to be "The Gods' breath" or at least "Gods' breath" in this case.

-Marie the gambler "...camophlagued dark elf..." Should be Camouflaged.

-MAX amount of text events should be default upon a new game....failed quests never been given and some events never showed up at all in between others that did.

-Marie the gambler "There are more dangerous than they seem" "There" should be "They"

-Marie the gambler "Scree are...viscous" Should be "vicious"

-Marie the gambler "...but it must of been Hamlec..." should be "must've" or "must have" instead of "must of"

-Marie the gambler "often merely dissolved into two smaller amorphs." Should be "dissolves" instead of "dissolved"

-Marie the gambler on Zombies "spread their horrid disease wherever they kill." Should be "spreading"

-Marie the gambler "Beneath Longway is really not overrun..." Should be "Beneath, Longway"

-Marie the gambler on Kriegs "you think more of the would've survived..." Should be "you'd think"

-Marie the gambler "I'm Scared" Should be "scared"

-Marie the gambler "No human more vial than Ciglio..." Should be "vile" instead of "vial"

-Marie the gambler "Shadows are creature..." Should be "creatures"

-Marie the gambler "I'm Paranoid" Should be "paranoid"

-Reputation level can't go below 0 at the onset...right? -100 to no numberical change for a quest not yet given/mentioned

-Marie the gambler "Changlings can take any form to get close.." Should be "Changelings"

-Ilona the vendor "I'm so glad you can to help us..." Should be "came" not "can"

-Ilona the vendor "I'm Optimistic" Should be "optimistic"

Last edited by getter77 : 02-04-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by getter77 View Post
-Can select the same focus twice as a Hybrid "Gladiator/Gladiator". Potential source of trouble with Random option I'd reckon.

-No damage/duration for Flaming Oil item?
The random hybrid is smart enough not to pull 2 specialties from the same class.

The damage for flaming oil scales based on the dungeon level you are on.
Patreon
Old 02-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Champion

Interesting about the flaming oil....that would solve the problem D2 had with such things petering out early.

With the "Hybrid Doubling" though....I guess you could intentionally use it to make another "challenge" aspect alongside Cursed/Hardcore since it'd then be completely impossible to use any skills outside of a single focus pool like Gladiator. Might as well keep it unless it somehow screws something up down the line!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Interesting about the flaming oil....that would solve the problem D2 had with such things petering out early.
Yeah, I didn't want to add just a few and them being worthless later and I also didn't want to have to make 50 items called flaming oil with varying damage numbers because it would just be confusing and an interface nightmare.
Patreon
Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Elite

One of my favourite features so far has been finding clusters of barrels with monsters mixed in and chucking a burning oil potion in there! Absolute carnage most of the time!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Champion

So far today:

-All NPC's?: Intro and Talk seem to have identical reactions.

-D(forgot the rest of the name) the Weaponsmith "...will never ceased to be amused." Should be "cease" not "ceased"

-D t W "I'm Pessimistic" Should be pessimistic

-D t W "I'm Nice." Should be nice.

-D t W "Solitude is worse then darkness" Should be "than" not "then"

-Mort the Townsperson "Abominations, if there aver were any." Should be "ever" not "aver"

-Cynth the Townsperson "Dark elves are vile being" Should be "beings" not "being"

-Cliope the Townsperson "...Creatures are adverse to metal..." Should probably be "averse" instead of "adverse"

-C t T "A pinch of salt wares away evil" Should be "wards" not "wares"

-"I was a tailor until..." comes up in multiple Townspersons' random talks. Seems unlikely outside of actual tailor stuff if in game.

-C t T "I'm Superstitious" Should be superstitious

-"I was a tailor/farmhand/etc" can come up on the same person.

-Marah the Townsperson "I'm Adventurous" Should be adventurous

-Perhaps wise to "fix" each NPC's personality towards a single type? Per world/life I mean

-Solved a Kill Skeleton Hunter Quest despite never actually taking a quest or going into the dungeon or fighting anything from Tyrusty the Warmaster.

-Ditto for a Kill Scree Hunter Quest

-Tyrusty the Warmaster "...but it you want a real potion..." Should be "if" not "it"

-Duplicate Quest offering from Tyrusty the Warmaster "Zombies Uprising"...exact same descriptions and rewards/floor.

-Ditto "Skeletons uprising"...and Pixies some.

-Carvis the Armorsmith "Run along, little flee" Should be "flea" not "flee"
Old 02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Elite

Looks like I should have given the dialog another read over.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Champion

Ah, these things happen...besides I'd also found some technical buggish stuff in the lot of it like some of the concerning skill bits and so on.. Somehow, this has become my beta habit....the menus/minutia THEN actually get around to the game playing proper---I blame it on starting with a 3.5ish D&D game and then pouring over the entire ingame rulebook and helpfiles to it for a day or so.

That said, I've never been an English major so some parts that seem off to me might well not be.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Champion

-Game should automatically PAUSE when engaged in a shop window and other similar tasks.

-Skill point "counting" and such doesn't work quite right. with Hybrid Doubling per page. Perhaps just have it disable the doubling outright? If playing a pure Thief then another tab page won't be of any use.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
-Skill point "counting" and such doesn't work quite right. with Hybrid Doubling per page. Perhaps just have it disable the doubling outright? If playing a pure Thief then another tab page won't be of any use.
I'm not sure what you are talking about here.
Patreon