Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Elite

I've got the Hide Crappy Items option on.
I just killed a unique monster and it dropped a regular dragonscale pauldron, a yellow dragonscale helmet, and green spidersilk bracers. None of their labels appeared. The player and shared stashes still appeared, so I didn't have the Alt toggle wrong.

The other odd thing was that the pauldron and the helmet were glowing green, but the bracers weren't glowing at all.

EDIT: I killed a few more monsters and it didn't display a green sword, helmet, boots, or bracers. It did display some regular Adamantium Gauntlets. I think I'll leave that option off for a while.

How does it tell if something is crappy? I thought it meant the gray stuff.

Last edited by Roswitha : 09-05-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:19 AM
Champion

I would say that visually everything you all did looks much better. Great job guys! I was playing my lvl 24 sorcerer/thief and tornado, chain lightning, and numerous other things look really cool.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Powers View Post
I would say that visually everything you all did looks much better. Great job guys! I was playing my lvl 24 sorcerer/thief and tornado, chain lightning, and numerous other things look really cool.
Yeah, I agree. I've been playing with the patch for a while now, and all the effect improvements I noticed really do make a difference for the better. I particularly like the way 'Greater Heal' looks now.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Champion

lifesteal sound and visual effect still play when hitting caveins etc (no healing tho), and can still proc from my weapon when hitting them

just had a monster (big invis ghost mob i believe) hitting a rescue quest npc through the wall from outside the map... it almost killed her before i found a spot where i could hit it from
Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Elite

I feel so stupid, I've been downloading the patches but I don't think I'm doing it right. Where (file) do I put them to install them? I'm on a Mac. I thought you just pop it in the file where the game icon is you click to play on, and the patch was 'pasted' into it? Reason I ask is I can not see the real slow play, moving doors shut, and many of the other new features.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
I feel so stupid, I've been downloading the patches but I don't think I'm doing it right. Where (file) do I put them to install them? I'm on a Mac. I thought you just pop it in the file where the game icon is you click to play on, and the patch was 'pasted' into it? Reason I ask is I can not see the real slow play, moving doors shut, and many of the other new features.
One thing you can do to see if you've been successfully installing a patch, is check to see what version of the game you are playing. The version is listed at the very bottom/center of the main menu screen just above the copyright notice. If it says "ver 1.007", then it installed correctly.

Instead of checkboxes, the Advanced Options for the Setup World screen now has a dropdown box with the Pace listings (like Very Slow Pace) - so look there when you start a new town (world)

I believe the doors are not working correctly in this beta patch, so that's why you can't get them to work.

Hopefully someone else can verify exactly where you should to put your patch file to install it on a Mac. Anyone?
Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Amateur

I noticed that some of the smaller one-handed weapons, such as knives, sometimes don't have a damage value listed in their description (see screenshot). Is this a bug, or a normal thing that I simply hadn't noticed before?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-09-05_13142.jpg (76.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Elite

I suspect this was the patch. I definitely recall seeing damage numbers, and this patch addressed the somewhat overpowered damage output of dagger-type weapons. It follows that for some reason, in the process of implementing this change has removed the damage value from the blade.

If you equip it, does it do damage? I'm also curious if maybe you had the dagger in your backpack pre-patch or if you picked it up post-patch...
Old 09-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
If you equip it, does it do damage? I'm also curious if maybe you had the dagger in your backpack pre-patch or if you picked it up post-patch...
It's a post-patch item. I started a new character specifically for the patch, and I've picked up quite a few daggers with missing damage values since then. That one just happened to be the only one I had kept in my stash. It does do damage, though, and the damage is properly added to the "DPS" stat in the character window.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Champion

I found a couple of regeneration obelisks yesterday in my current game (1.007) and with a level 28 character with 82 vitality and 483 health, I only gain 3 hitpoints per second. Maybe this is the way you feel it should be but the gain hardly makes a dent in my overall health. I think the regeneration obelisk should at least double the amount of health per second to make it more in line with a healthstone or lifestone. I just don't see much use for this compared to the haste, fire, or giant obelisks at my current level.