Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Expert

Was just thinking of a Shaman/Druid combination , with the main focus being pumping a lot of strength and making use of the available buffs and bear form for maximum damage. Not necessarily dps but rather a few bigger hits spread out more.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonorai View Post
Was just thinking of a Shaman/Druid combination , with the main focus being pumping a lot of strength and making use of the available buffs and bear form for maximum damage. Not necessarily dps but rather a few bigger hits spread out more.
That would be a nice combo.. you Could also try Paladin/Druid
(mail/re-gen/buff)
Old 11-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Expert

Out of the weaponmaster's three weapon masteries which do you guys find most beneficial? So far it seems like axes might be best since they've got critical though i'm not certain if it's better than more crushing blow. But it's certainly better than a sword's parry.

It's a melee guy , he's like the Hulk - smash and bash and potions cover the ''not dying'' part i think.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonorai View Post
Out of the weaponmaster's three weapon masteries which do you guys find most beneficial? So far it seems like axes might be best since they've got critical though i'm not certain if it's better than more crushing blow. But it's certainly better than a sword's parry.

It's a melee guy , he's like the Hulk - smash and bash and potions cover the ''not dying'' part i think.

In earlier levels I would just switch between them based on the best weapon I had, but that gets expensive, so eventually I had to choose one. I went with swords, cause I really like swords. I don't think there is a choice that is the best, it's based on your preference as to what kind of weapon you like the best and what passive bonuses you want the most. The passive bonuses (like crit, crushing blow, Deep Wounds) are key. I have a level 52 Warrior that does 65% crush/50% Deep/15% Crit. The crushing blow and deep wounds are much higher due to items and the fact that the Warrior has passive skills that let you add to them (other than weapon masteries). But like I said, ultimately I chose swords simply because I want my character swinging one (Conan style).
Old 11-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Legend

I'm surprised sword mastery is getting snagged. Whenever i play weaponmaster combos its the mastery to use. It's the only mastery that adds a boost to your defense along with the offensive boosts you get. If you use that with say a weaponmastery/trickster then you would get essentially 3 defensive boosts-evade, dodge, and sword mastery. Not a bad combo and essential if you dont have a lot of defense added from your hybrid.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Expert

Just started a Thief/Archer (named Subotai of course). All of the magic arrow skills fire at 1.6 seconds. This feels like an eternity to me. What's the best way to speed this up? Will increase attack speed items do it? Or is it faster cast rate items? Either way, which kinds of items to those mods drop on?

Last edited by Oasisbhrnw : 11-17-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Expert

I think i remember reading that the stat cap is 250 , meaning you can only add points until you reach that number and from there on it's potions and item bonuses. Is that still the same in 1.07 and above?