Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Champion

Default Traduction Française / French Translation

IN PROGRESS FRENCH TRANSLATION

So as not to spam the "How to translate" topic with corrections to a particular translation; I've created this topic specifically for getting feedback and corrections and improvements for the French translation!

Notes
* I am doing this as a hobby, I'm not a professional translator.
* I suppose we can use french in this topic but other than the proposed translations themselves maybe we can keep it to english so maybe Shadow (developer) can get something out of it.
* Technical questions about translations should be posted in the "How to translate" topic

Téléchargez et copiez le fichier "mod_french.zip dans le répertoire Depths of Peril/Assets/ (sous-répertoire du répertoire d'installation du jeu). Il n'est pas nécessaire de décompresser le fichier.

VERSION 1.011 !! (I'm just testing the file attachment feature on the forum, 1.012 coming soon..)
Attached Files
File Type: zip mod_french_1011.zip (88.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Champion

* Si une traduction vous semble bizarre, dites le moi! J'essaie d'éviter autant que possible des traductions "litérales" mais parfois j'en fait peut être un peu trop

* Notez que je ne peux pas pour l'instant traduire le jeu 100% correctement. Le jeu ne supporte pas actuellement le "gendre" des noms, ainsi les adjectifs et verbes ne peuvent pas être conjugués. Un exemple fréquent malheureusement est "Vous avez trouvé NomDeLObjet" Ceci donnera: Vous avez trouvé Hache ou bien "Vous avez trouvé Sabre", si l'on met "un" on obtiendrais alors "Vous avez trouvé un Hache". je vais suggérer à Shadow une solution pour ce problème mais pour l'instant je m'attaque au texte principal.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:08 AM
Expert

I downloaded the mod (worked without any problem) and started to check the translation.
I was surprised to see you had already done so much work.

I'll be taking note of everything that seems weird, confusing or plain wrong.
I will try to check the orthograph too. I'll make a list of it with some ideas on the subject.

Ok, back to DOP now!

(By the way, thanks for all your good work!)

Last edited by Logorouge : 08-21-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Champion

Hi Logorouge

Yes in retrospect the mod file attached above should work on the latest 1.012 patch. There are only a few strings changed. I took the changes in account and for the next upload, but since 1.012 changes to the text files are small typo corrections to english text (mostly), and the mod doesnt replace other files, you can play with the 1011 mod above with the 1.012 game without worries.

I'm looking forward to your comments, and make it better!

I'm glad you can enjoy the mod like this with a mix of french and english.

I did the most visible first. One part that I tried to really complete is the GRAPHICS OPTION menu, it should be 100% french.

The items and monsters names should be a lot of fun, but also very time consuming.

Something similar to monster and item names is the zones names.

I've tried to make new names in French eg. "Deadfall Forest" > "Forêt de Morttombe". It may sound a bit silly, but I figure might as well try a 100% native version. Some zone names I had no idea how to translate and then took a clue from playing the game, so it would fit.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Expert

I wanted to make a big list, but since I will lose my internet connection for the next 3 days, I'll just post what I got so far.

-In the 'Nouvelle partie' menu: (Orthograph) Effaçer --) Effacer

-In the 'Nouvelle partie' menu: 'Nouveau personnage' is a bit long.
Maybe shorten it as 'Nouveau Perso' or just 'Nouveau'.

-The last 2 lines of the description of 'Export to HTML' are only half full, was it suppose to be?

-Recruit level display: niv 11th --) niv 11

As you can see, so far only minor details.
Next post in 3 days.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Champion

Merci Logorouge,

Quote:
Recruit level display: niv 11th --) niv 11
Yeah that's one of the limitations of the translation so far. I think DetlevH (german translation) already told Shadow about this. The game give you a string like:

"Recruit level #####"

You can't remove the "th". I asked Shadow if we can translate those so at least it could be rephrased "Guerrier 11ème niv" for example.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Expert

Finally! I'm back online! Took longer than I expected.
Nothing to report today.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Champion

Hi guys,

how your progress today?

I hope that i can finish also the convenantdialog.trn in october. We'll see....

Detlev
Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Champion

I didn't get much farther than what I posted above.

But by all means, if someone wants to continue, go for it. I can always merge someone else's changes if I want to continue later.

I have to admit though, I got discouraged when I saw the item strings. "axe" "hand axe" "two handed axe" "one handed axe" "great axe" "large axe" "broad axe" .... whhaaaaaaatt???? What's a difference between an axe, and a one handed axe? If it's not one handed, and not two handed then what is a simple "axe"? And that's just the axes
Old 04-28-2011, 05:19 AM
Champion

Post Je reprends le flambeau !

Edit : see this page / cf. cette page :
http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4061

Last edited by all_zebest : 07-19-2011 at 11:29 PM.