Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Amateur

Post Components in heavier slots and other stuff

There is no reason why a Medium slot wouldn't be able to hold a Light item, IMO, and i think it should get bonuses if this is doable. Or a Heavy slot holding a Medium or a Light component, for that matter.
Also, myself i would like to see Heavy Shields. I speak as someone who has equipped 3 sets of shields just so that i can recharge to a suitable level at a planet and regeneerate easily.

Also, it would be nice to be able to put crew in my Battery Recharger slot and vice versa. I REALLY wanted to install 2 chargers.(Yes, i play as a Dryad. Don't judge me.) After all, it halves used power load.

On that note, using somthing that has a "enchantment" to lower power load in a Race Slot decreases this bonus.
And am I the only one to note that going to higher levels that you can survive at is a really good way to improve your specialty equips? For instance, Demethoomespe, my Dryad, has been getting her(His? Dryads are female dominated, so i dont actually know) Engineering on in order to increase her Energy capacity without a battery.Then, I decided to visit a level 50 area. Results: A 1200 power load generator, 500 power load ramscoop, and a crapload of deaths. Well, acctually, i died LESS there because i was(Le gasp!) careful. I even managed a few quests!

I didnt pick up better shields until later, though. Once I break level 50, i plan to raid level 75 places for shields. However, I will note that the shops seem to scale to your level to an extent, so i had to do quite a bit of hunting. (In other words, lower level areas have lower level stuff, and higher level areas seem to have a shop level on the higher side of your own.) I think that shops neeed to refresh their stock more often, i don't relish the idea of buying every item and then selling it.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Elite

Yeah, going to higher level areas is the only way to get equipment to scale properly with your high stats.

Also, the fact that you need to equip three shields and a Dryad shield regenerator AND dock at a planet just to get a decent shield regen is pretty telling.

What if putting a lighter component in a heavier slot lowered the power load cost somehow? That would increase the possible builds and make low-Engineering builds more viable. Just a thought.