Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Amateur

Default Played for about 6 hours now, one thing that has gotten annoying...

Dryad. They have a tendency to ally with another race early on and stalemate the game, and once they ally, they never, NEVER break that alliance. I've had about a third of my games end with me just giving up and starting a new one because I end up allied with dryad and a third race with no end in sight, because of how complacent the dryads are. Our ability to incite war between races seems to be very limited, any chance of negative rumors getting a buff? At the rate I was going it would take about 20-30k credits to get their relations with the Lithosoids in the last game that ended like this low enough to have a *shot* at breaking the alliance, and there is no way I'm taking down 9+ planets in ten minutes.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

With the Dryads it's probably easier to go for a diplomatic win.
Patreon
Old 09-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Amateur

Maybe I don't understand how a diplomatic win works, but from what I could tell, the conditions are that you need to have only one race remaining and for them to be allied with you - am I misunderstanding?

What I keep running into is Dryads and some other random race allying and thus making it impossible to win.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadkni View Post
Maybe I don't understand how a diplomatic win works, but from what I could tell, the conditions are that you need to have only one race remaining and for them to be allied with you - am I misunderstanding?
That's a military win. A diplomatic win is when you are allied with multiple races and they are each allied with one another.
Patreon
Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Elite

Diplomatic win -- all races left standing love one another (EVERYONE is allied to each other, all double-green lines).

The more races for a Diplomatic win, the more reward chests you get. Usually a game with Dryad is very HELPFUL to get this win. It can be tough-to-impossible without them on the board. But with Dryad, I was once able to get 3 races I think...maybe 4... I wouldn't have been able to without them.

Military win -- only two left standing (Drox + 1 race) & everyone loves one another (1 set of double-green lines).

I will say the odd thing I'm finding with Dryad is that they'll take over the universe quite quickly -- having 4-6 times as many planets as other races quite easily -- even though some of the other races have "expansionist" trait.... This makes Dryad often the top of the pack, and impossible to take down... Works for me especially when I have my Dryad ship (over level 40) and a nearly-full Dryad crew.... lol Makes them pleased as pie that I'm always friends with the Dryads (love that diplomatic win!)... still, when we wipe out a race, Dryads take 2/3s or more of the abandoned planets. They're like roaches
Old 09-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Expert

I have to agree with Crisses. Don't be put off by the Dryad's diplomatic ways. I have also won a sector in the manner described and got a small reward chest for every race in the alliance. That's what I like about this game. Sectors can end in various ways. It doesn't always have to be about warfare.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Dryads take 2/3s or more of the abandoned planets. They're like roaches
Naw... they're plant based - so they're more like dandelions