Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Elite

Okay, it looks like all the vendors have the same problem mentioned above as well, not just the three main quest-givers.

When you get a defensive totem in your town it can spawn inside of other objects, like Din or his altar. Regardless, they still really help in those town invasions. Thanks for adding them in!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Expert

I noticed the same thing now that you mentioned it: my warmaster, apothecary, steward, and Din lose about 10-15% of their health from reloads. At first I thought the lightning storms were damaging them, but it happens even without a lightning storm. They do heal over time though, and all four are not always damaged at the same time.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Amateur

Some problems:

— playing almost exclusively with a buddy in a friendly multiplayer, our characters grew to level 26. Still, the world selection wouldn't allow selecting champion difficulty

— healthstones/manastones seem to get (auto-?)targeted too easily, all the time the heroes were destroing the stones, not the nearby standing monsters.

— Too frequently there were something like 13 levels of dungeon generated, but the city would be saved by level 4-5 already.

— The quest journal as it is is unhelpful, and its limits are meaningless (ocassional one or two quests that you can't take are just annoying). As both players anyway are doing the tasks together, it would make much more sense if the quests were properly shared and both players would be on the same, up-to-date information about what needs to be done.

— The "create new world" can't be cancelled (at least obviously), but i'd love to drop out to menu and end playing.

— There can be a travelling seller visiting town, who isn't selling _anything_. Really, ring vendor who isn't selling even one crappy ring? What's he doing there?

— as I see, the story is nerfed in the multiplayer? As in "there is no story left" at all? It's a _huge_ pity.

Last edited by wunar : 02-21-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunar View Post
The quest journal as it is is unhelpful, and its limits are meaningless (ocassional one or two quests that you can't take are just annoying). As both players anyway are doing the tasks together, it would make much more sense if the quests were properly shared and both players would be on the same, up-to-date information about what needs to be done.
I was thinking this as well. The quest limitation seems meaningless. Most quests can be completed whether you have them or not. Its not clear which ones can be completed without accepting them. Its also not really an interesting decision trying to figure out which ones to accept and which ones to put off. More often than not there are just one or two quests that you can't fit in anyway.

My grievance with this mechanic is that there is limitation without ramification.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunar View Post
Too frequently there were something like 13 levels of dungeon generated, but the city would be saved by level 4-5 already.
If you were to slow down in your progress completing quests you might need to go deeper. Think of those levels as a potential threat if you do poorly/slow down. I've had dungeons ten levels deep that could be completed on level 4, but when I took too long an Earthquake Machine was built on floor 9, or an uprising starts on floor 8. I don't think dungeon depth needs to be changed at all, there just needs to be a somewhat better distribution of quests to floor levels.

Besides, you may be blowing through these dungeons faster multiplayer than others would solo, and that might explain why you never see deeper quests.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Elite

I can't complete my current town. I had a quest on one of the early levels of the dungeon to collect some Blood Marble, and I had found a few but decided to pass on finishing it because I wanted to go deeper and kill the dungeon boss first. After I killed the boss I found some Armor Plans (can't recall the precise name) and used them. They gave me a quest to gather Blood Marble chunks on the same floor as before, so I did. But it doesn't seem like it spawned additional chunks for its own quest, because while I was able to finish the armor quest, I couldn't find the remaining two chunks I needed for the required quest I has skipped earlier.