Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Amateur

Default Just standing and dying?

Hi guys. I've been liking the game so far for the most part. I've played DoP, DC, and Drox and am glad to see another Soldak game.

I have seen some of the .900 problems fixed already, but there is one issue that doesn't seem to have been addressed yet:

In Din's curse, there was not a 2-second delay between each action, so attacking, using a healing spell, then running away would take 2-3 seconds. Now, in Zombasite, it takes 12 seconds, and cannot be done simultaneously. This is really annoying when fighting a mob with AoE attacks, like goblin fire thrower, dark elf fighter, or enemy clan wizards, poison mobs, etc. It feels like the dexterity world option ("you can't walk and chew at the same time.")

A tactical retreat is a vital part of any fighting game, and all the enemy mobs do it (without huge delays either.) Each action has a 1-2 second delay anyway, so a blanket delay between each action is excessive. That is as much of a problem as slow movement speed when navigating a map (I know the latter was improved by the .902 patch.)
Old 10-22-2015, 11:23 AM
Expert

What do you mean exactly? There is a cooldown for drinking potions, but it is unrelated to moving, attacking or using skills...
Old 10-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Elite

Are you sure that your video card is not having to load textures, and falling behind in displaying what's going on? It has not happened to me in Soldak's games, but I experience something simpilar when I try to play Mount and Blade with over 500 soldiers on my laptop.

I would suggest you temporarily reduce ALL of your graphics down to rock bottom, especially texture size. If the frequency at which the problem occurs is reduced, you will know that your GPU lacks VRAM.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Amateur

What he's talking about is the delay to move after using an ability. Certain abilities do this (I've been playing the rogue and it happens to me all the time.)

I've had this happen and yeah I'm unsure if this intentional.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Not being able to move while using the skill is intentional, but it shouldn't last longer than basically the animation for that skill.
Patreon
Old 10-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Not being able to move while using the skill is intentional, but it shouldn't last longer than basically the animation for that skill.
Yeah, I figured as much. But some abilities have been rooting for over 2 seconds (no lie). I just end up being food for whatever AoE effects are going on and can't chase after anything ranged that runs. It seems to be every skill I use though, from Lethal Blow to Gouge and even the regular left click.