Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Expert

Default Crew Members

I find that having crew you can find to add to your ship is awesome. However, I don't like how they count as light addons. Why not have a crew slot off to the right or left where you can have so many crew members depending on the size of your ship?

So as you upgrade the more crew you can use. I think this would add some interesting things to the game.

Also, I'm not sure what it means when they level up? Doesn't seem like we can do anything.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Expert

I've had a few crew level up so far... And their stats improved I think. If I remember it was output in the info text for the sector in the bottom left which stat improved.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefpirate View Post
I've had a few crew level up so far... And their stats improved I think. If I remember it was output in the info text for the sector in the bottom left which stat improved.
Yea, their stats up go over time. I haven't paid too close attention to what it takes for them to level up, or if such progress could be tracked, but they do get better.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Expert

It is very weird to have a space game where crew shares slots of "light" modules of a ship. I'm finding some rare crew to be super useful due to the stat buffs but at same time i finding that if i use a lot of crew then it makes all light modules completely useless. I do wish there was a change to this, maybe having 2 light slots and 2 crew slots. Or start with 2 light and 1 crew and as ship gets bigger it can have like 3 light and 2 crew then 4 light and 3 crew. etc.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Elite

I would like to be able to see what the crew level is and perhaps even an experience bar on each crew member. This would help to shop and compare new and existing crew members.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Expert

Well that is part of my idea, but also I think crew should have a seperate area to be added.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Expert

I agree, I think the crew should have their own sub tab on the ship menu, but not be part of the cargo items.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Amateur

Yeah putting crew in light module feel kinda icky, also now i need my light modules slow to put tons of +energy regen.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by torikamal View Post
I would like to be able to see what the crew level is and perhaps even an experience bar on each crew member. This would help to shop and compare new and existing crew members.
I agree!

In addition it would be great if the Crew would be more "individual". That might be possible by giving them some smaller additional features depending on race and change. This could be an attack bonus, some minor powerload adjust etc.

That way it would be even much more interesting and they would feel more like individuals. At the moment many lower level are except race pretty the same.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Amateur

Adding to this, what if instead of crew taking up a "light spot" you can get different crew quarters light modules?

These could be different as well, with the ones giving a high crew limit bonus perhaps affecting the crews happiness negatively, or maybe reducing their bonuses (but allowing you to have more varied bonuses)?