Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 0.903

Beta Patch 0.903 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here.

This patch addresses some of the new player learning curve, speeds up the end game, and fixes a bunch of other things.
Patreon
Old 06-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Champion

Thanks again ! Very nice to see you can patch quickly. I prefer several small patches every days or weeks, than one big once a month or more.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Elite

Really excited about this one: can now pay for rumored position of most single enemy quests (adds a waypoint to your map)
Old 06-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Expert

Excellent! Looking forward to trying it out! Also hurray for rumored position option!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Elite

I really don't like that component icons no longer show the mark number and rarity type. I don't care much for switching around the colours for the different types of slots,
but there really should be some way of telling the quality of a component at a glance without having to mouse over every single one for comparison.

My suggestion would be using the green plus sign that's still shown : Green plus is Common tweaked items, green asterisk is Uncommon, yellow plus is Rare, yellow asterisk is Very Rare, etc.
The mark numbers should be made toggle-able in the game options.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

We are playing with at least one idea to show rarity again, similar to your idea. I'll have to think about making a version option.
Patreon
Old 06-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Elite

That would be super nice. By now, I'm conditioned to recognize the Soldak Rarity Colors, and would hate to go without them .
Old 06-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Elite

Any more thoughts on the turn speed? I notice you didn't increase it in this version.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castruccio View Post
Any more thoughts on the turn speed? I notice you didn't increase it in this version.
I'm still thinking about some stuff that I might implement, so I put off changing any values this patch.
Patreon
Old 06-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I'm still thinking about some stuff that I might implement, so I put off changing any values this patch.
I would recommend also some of the suggestion I saw in the forum by Void. Missiles should perhaps turn more slowly, so that if you're fast enough you can dodge them. That gives you more options to deal with them.

Additionally, allowing players to go above 200 would probably be cool, but it would be best IMO with a non-linear formula like the resistance formula, so that there's diminishing return. You'd need a LOT of thrust to get above, say, 250 -- a lot more than you need to get to 200.

Weapon arcs would be neat and would allow a lot more diversification of weapons (side missiles, side beams, back beams...) but I know it's a lot of coding + finding a good way to show the arc.

One idea I thought of for showing ranges (and it could work for arcs as well) is that instead of getting the "not in range" message, if you held down a button for a weapon that's not in range, it would highlight the area of the range of the weapon in red. Keep holding and as you get in range, the highlight turns green. Release the key, and the weapon is fired. I know this is a LOT of coding though.