Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Expert

Default Assets001 and Assets003

Just a question - I noticed that certain files (for instance, systems.gdb) exist in both Assets001 and Assets003, and both are identical as far as I can tell.

When modding, do both need to be edited, or just one?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Expert

Oh, another question while I'm at it - is the level cap hardcoded? I modded the game to get my char to 100 and it wasn't gaining any experience past it, even though the mobs it was killing were still giving full xp.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Actually you don't want to change either of the systems.gdb files. You can, but then you don't know what the original files looked like.

The game looks for each file in a certain order. It first looks for a loose file (a normal file not in a zip) and then checks in the zip files. It checks the zip files in reverse alphabetical order. This is why patches include zips with higher numbers. So in this case you want to just add systems.gdb as a loose file or put all of your changes into a zip later in the alphabet than assets003. I would use something other than assetsXXX or a future patch might overwrite your changes someday.

As for the max level, I think that actually might be hardcoded in the exe still.
Patreon
Old 10-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean View Post
Oh, another question while I'm at it - is the level cap hardcoded? I modded the game to get my char to 100 and it wasn't gaining any experience past it, even though the mobs it was killing were still giving full xp.
Whoa! At what level are characters capped? I'd assumed it was 100 because you can set AI difficulty as high as 100. If it's lower than 100, I'd like to know that, as I've been planning my characters' development based on being able to level to 100.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
Whoa! At what level are characters capped? I'd assumed it was 100 because you can set AI difficulty as high as 100. If it's lower than 100, I'd like to know that, as I've been planning my characters' development based on being able to level to 100.
At the moment, it is 100, but I was kind of hoping to find a way to get past that cap to allow for unlimited leveling.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, the level cap in the full game is 100.
Patreon