Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Amateur

Old 07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Amateur

Just tried the latest beta patch... Amazing work Shadow. The new shadows and perspective add a lot to an already great game.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Expert

Yeah the new patch is great...well done
Old 07-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping that adding perspective, the better shadows, and the UI into the main game that we can get some more people playing the game before the expansion. Tell your friends.

MasterMorality: It sounds like you are still running the 1.002 app.

Max_Powers: The patch will probably show up on Impulse in a week or two (depends on when we make it official).

Archon (and others): You can turn off the perspective view mode in the advanced graphics menu if you want to.

Roswitha: I'll fix the minimap, that's a bug.
Patreon
Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping that adding perspective, the better shadows, and the UI into the main game that we can get some more people playing the game before the expansion. Tell your friends.

MasterMorality: It sounds like you are still running the 1.002 app.

Max_Powers: The patch will probably show up on Impulse in a week or two (depends on when we make it official).

Archon (and others): You can turn off the perspective view mode in the advanced graphics menu if you want to.

Roswitha: I'll fix the minimap, that's a bug.
Would be nice if the main UI, had a revamp on any comming soon updates.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look... bad, but It just look way too generic, and Diabloish-WoWish looking, It would be nice to have something more original, and that fits Din's Curse Style, having in mind we have to see the UI all the time while we're playing, and the current one looks abit.. pixelated, on high resolutions, you can see it on the Screenshots posted above.

The Teleport Stone graphic seems to have some transparency problem, or maybe my eyes are tricking me, Besides that, the new Perspective Option, really gives a different feel to the game, it plays really different from before, and Being able to zoom in on your character is really cool for some... Vanity Moments, or nice Screenshots, *sighs* if we had Cloaks that showed on Char...
Old 07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Champion

Quote:
Would be nice if the main UI, had a revamp
The UI has a 2D old school feel to it that's not a bad thing, I like it

In my opinion the biggest weakness of the UI is the typography: the text is blurry and makes the UI appear less detailed than it is. I think it really hurts the overall impression.

Most recent MMO's have a way to display fonts sharp at any resolution. In Din's they appear to be stretched or somehow don't get aligned to the pixel grid so the letters look quite bad.

With that said the 1.003 patch is groovy! Thank you!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord
Zoomed in all the way in perspective mode is also pretty cool. It's harder to play but more surprising!
I like how it tilts when zoomed in all the way, If your not always looking at the mini map monsters can easily sneak up on you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

I noticed the checkbox in the advanced graphics menu right away after installing the patch. I am wondering though just out of curiosity since you have perspective view in would you be able to add a "free cam" mode that could be controlled by holding in the right-mouse button (or any other button the player configs) where the player could manually rotate or tilt the view to his liking (like neverwinter nights)? I know it's easier said then done but it seems like a logical step since all the work is done for perspective mode, maybe for a future patch or future soldak game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab
In my opinion the biggest weakness of the UI is the typography: the text is blurry and makes the UI appear less detailed than it is. I think it really hurts the overall impression.
I agree, the text at any non-native resolution also appears very blurry on my monitor. I usually play native although I have been playing non-native lately since I like the advanced shadows and my old setup is unable to handle advanced shadows and full effects at my native resolution. I would like to see sharper text for a future patch/game.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 AM
Expert

You're right, I was. (OH God I'm a mong! Heh heh) Ok, all problems are solved.
This is pretty damn cool.