Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Elite

Basically, I'd just like to see more choices & consequences, especially choices that are hard to make (do task A at the risk of failing task B).
Old 07-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Amateur

These could probably be either Game Modes or World Modifiers.

One Way Ticket - gates in each level can only be used once for each direction (so not exactly one way, but eh). Plan your trips, make em count.

Elite - fewer monsters, but they're all Champion or higher.

Axis of Evil - monster factions won't go to war with each other.

Scavenger - Merchants only sell the most basic of goods. Get out your metal detector.

Only Hope - reversal of Honorable Death; if you die, so does the town (and your reputation).

From the Deep - an epic beast lies in the bottom of the dungeon, but slowly makes its way upwards. Do you save the town before it emerges, or take it on and halt its advance?

Isolated - dead townsfolk and useful NPCs cannot be replaced.

Demanding Din - cannot fail any quests (FUN, and probably not that feasible), or no villagers can die.

Infection - this has the most potential if new monsters are added in the expansion (werewolves/vampires/something). It could add more monster conflict goodness the like of zombies, or present a challenge in the town as every night a random NPC becomes one of the beasts. Combine with Isolated for a time crucial game.

In an earlier post there was mention of a hunger system. Maybe Stamina could be modified so it can only be restored with food (though it would have to decrease at a slower rate, or food would need to grant a longer period of stamina restore), and your health decreases when your stamina runs out.

Din's Dozen - there are quests to rescue or aid other Cursed, but these quests often conflict with one another, or make it difficult or impossible to complete them all. Who do you save? What happens to those you don't? They might simply perish, but then they could rise as a zombie boss, or they may simply turn from Din and become a traitor, spawning a new quest to kill them.

Last edited by Backwood : 07-27-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Legend

From the deep and only hope sound tough. They sound really cool Only hope would be kind of like hardcore almost. I think that should be included since it has the largest impact of the game. Imagine playing cursed/only hope. That would be epic.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:31 AM
Champion

Quote:
From the Deep - an epic beast lies in the bottom of the dungeon, but slowly makes its way upwards. Do you save the town before it emerges, or take it on and halt its advance?
+1 for this idea is really coool!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, some very cool ideas in there Backwood.
Patreon
Old 07-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Champion

Unbreakable - The projectile traps and spray traps (fire,ice,poison,flamethower) in the dungeon cannot be damaged by monsters or the player.

Lost - The minimap and world map are permanently disabled for the player although maybe for a bit of compensation the player could use the teleport stone three times instead of once per world or maybe not .

Last edited by Archon : 07-29-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Legend

Feeble-You have 25% lower strength and endurance attributes.

or

Clumsy-You have 25% lower dexterity and intelligence. (I think i like this one better).

Drastic timer-Each world has a set time based on how big it is. After the timer is reached a decent amount of monsters become champions. A new timer is set after that. When that is up they are now elite. Etc. etc. all the way up to legendary.

Ruthless-You are notorious for brutalizing monsters. You get a gore effect when they die. However word went around and they have a hit on your head. All monsters can sense your presence even through walls, thus making your escape notice -50% making you get seen almost five screens away.

Bounty hunter-You are a bounty hunter and generally most creatures dont live to see you for more than 15 seconds. Because of this role, whenever you get kill monster quests you have 15 seconds to destroy them otherwise they will call bigger and badder monsters to take you out.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
Drastic timer-Each world has a set time based on how big it is. After the timer is reached a decent amount of monsters become champions. A new timer is set after that. When that is up they are now elite. Etc. etc. all the way up to legendary.
i'd love to play this mode... camp in town until everything ranks up
Old 07-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Legend

Finesseless-No matter what you do, your chance to cause a critical hit on melee/ranged/magic will never go higher than 3.00%.

Magnified-You grew up in a town where there were no caves and monsters and traps. Thus when you started adventuring you didnt know what any of this was like. Because of this darkness is a modifier in everytown you visit because of inexperience. Traps are also 50% more potent due to that as well.

Extremely Vulnerable-With this mode, every attack on your character that hits, is a guaranteed critical hit. This mode is very difficult, and requires the right build to make it work. It also requires an extreme amount of constitution and life.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Expert

I'm still really liking the idea of the hardcore ghost mode, although I'd prefer to possibly not have the ghosts gone forever when you vanquish them - the possibility of testing your newer characters against your old characters like this is even better if you don't really know what's coming around the corner.

For example I have three dead hardcore characters - all around level 6 and 7, I'd prefer to not know that I'd killed one, or all of them, once and for all and that my other builds couldn't run into them anymore.

Also maybe change it to ghouls or something - I only say that because I, personally, much prefer fighting solid matter to immaterial thing like ghosts, even if the game mechanics do allow you to make contact with them, lol. It's just more satisfying in a way.

Also, on Deathknights 'extremely vulnerable' mode: I don't think that'd be very good - if only because I think restricting the builds you can play on these things kinda defeats a large aspect of Dins Curse, which is just coming up with weird, unusual and interesting builds to test out.

Last edited by MasterMorality : 07-31-2010 at 01:20 PM.