Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardusts View Post
Btw is the buff/debuff icon appearing when you cast spell necessary? I find it a little distracting.
You mean the one that tells you when you can cast the spell again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
Really quick question, one critical UI issue left IMO is the text overflow problem and I was just wondering with new graphics being added to the expansion will there be any work on the text overflow/GUI window front or is it too much work to fix the text/window issue at this stage?
Do you mean the (Hardcore) (Cursed) type stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
Though I was a mite miffed when it took a while to find the town 'Gate' spot. When looking at the large map it didn't show up.
You mean the blue gate in town right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
Will 1.007 characters port over cleanly to 1.008?

Or in general:

Will you warn us if characters from a previous version of the game will _not_ work with an upcoming patch?
Yes, it will work fine. If something would break characters it would have to be extremely important for me to even consider adding it in. I can change the save game formats without breaking old stuff so that's not usually an issue.
Patreon
Old 10-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Expert

Best patch = mage nerf

Hated the fact that mages characters were so ridiculously overpowered compared to combat characters. Running and gunning was just crippling the game.

And if it's crippling the character? Reconsider your play style! That's pretty much all I had to do. Not hard.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

You mean the blue gate in town right?
Yes. I triple checked last night after I wrote that post and I was standing right next to the town gate and it didn't show up. The four corner ones did but not the 'main' one.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Champion

Huge nerf for mages. If you're going to go this route please apply the same to archers. I still won't play a melee character because they can be one shotted by bosses even with very high armor.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Champion

Quote:

Do you mean the (Hardcore) (Cursed) type stuff?

That is the stuff.

One suggestion I have for the main game is moving the player modifiers like (cursed), (hardcore) and the rest to the world map screen under or above the current world modifiers instead of placing the mods to the right of the class name on the players character sheet. This should eliminate the overflow from the character window since the line under the characters name would just have the class or class combination instead of both class and modifiers on one line. Another way would be just to have a separate page in the character window that could just be the characters mods in list format, maybe the button to access the list could be beside the 'other stats' button at the bottom of the character sheet.

The 'Select Character' screen is a bit tricky. There are a couple ways you might be able to go. One way would be to just have a longer rectangle (at sufficient length for at least four modifiers) for a window instead of the current rectangle. Another way would be to move 'New Character' and 'Delete Character' down just slightly (closer to the 'ok' and 'back' buttons) so there is enough room right under the window where a line of text could appear without running into the spikes on the bottom left/right. This text box/line underneath the window could contain the modifiers for the currently highlighted character in the window above.

Last edited by Archon : 10-08-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomination5 View Post
Huge nerf for mages. If you're going to go this route please apply the same to archers.
I'm playing archers instead of mages at this point, but agree that both should get the same nerf.

Instead of requiring no motion at all, I suggest the usual stamina-drain that comes from combat, regardless of if there are any monsters around. Have the drain continue for a second or two after the spell is cast. That will allow spell casters (and archers) to move around, but will limit speed for spell-spammers. And it will give a small benefit to sinking points into vitality instead of int or dex.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
I'm playing archers instead of mages at this point, but agree that both should get the same nerf.

Instead of requiring no motion at all, I suggest the usual stamina-drain that comes from combat, regardless of if there are any monsters around. Have the drain continue for a second or two after the spell is cast. That will allow spell casters (and archers) to move around, but will limit speed for spell-spammers. And it will give a small benefit to sinking points into vitality instead of int or dex.
I like the idea of stamina drain over the current solution. It would also be nice if when casters stopped they did not continue on their current path after stopping. Sometimes when I am spamming now I start to move towards where I was previously running in a jerking motion, which is usually in the direction I no longer want to go.

I also had an assassin spawn outside the town, which has never happened to me before this patch.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomination5 View Post
I also had an assassin spawn outside the town, which has never happened to me before this patch.
Outside of the town walls?
Patreon
Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Champion

Quote:
Outside of the town walls?
Yup. I couldn't see him out there but the red dot on the radar was outside the town walls and he kept petrifying people. There was a quest to kill him (the quest location was listed as the town) so I eventually had to quit the world.

Since this is a polish patch I thought I'd also mention to other bugs.

1. If you have any glow effects from items and you save the world the glow effects will disappear when you start a new world. You must reload the game for them to reappear.

2. Spider enemies can still jump at you even when you use disabling skills such as thunderbolt.

3. One of my characters has a problem loading worlds since this new patch. I can delete the world file and continue playing as long as I want but if I exit and try to load again the program hangs at the loading screen.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Champion

I think I might have narrowed down that hanging bug to some extent. It seems it only happens if I finish a world, start a new one then exit and try to resume. I don't think it happens with the first world although I could be wrong.

EDIT: Okay, I've tested the above theory with another character of mine and it seems to hold true.

Last edited by abomination5 : 10-10-2010 at 02:28 PM.