Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Elite

The bestiary description for Demon Gate should say, "Not much is known of the..." and "its self" should be "itself".
Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Expert

After failing one of the Cure Bob quests, the quest name changes to Cure (failed), and it loses the person's name.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Elite

There's a different problem now with the wording of the mining quest. It ends in an incomplete sentence with no period, and has redundant wording. I'll update the next time I get the quest, to suggest alternate wording.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Elite

Version 1.012 fixes the Raging Hordes check box, but if you hover over it, it still says Raging Hoards.

At the top of the new world creation screen it says "Setup World". It should either be "Set Up World" or "World Setup".

Last edited by Roswitha : 01-03-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added another typo
Old 01-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Elite

"<townname> would have been destroyed with out you!" It should be "without" in this case.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Expert

One of the boss monster's names is Eyes=. In my specific case, it was a Protector.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Expert

Default NPC Murder & Playing Dumb

I thought this issue was already posted somewhere, but I can't find it now.

Doreleano killed Maurene while I was down in the dungeon. I came up and talked to him afterwards, to which he declared "Too bad Maurene (Townsperson) got killed by a ." His roommate/buddie says the same thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg npcmurder.jpg (90.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg npcmurdertxt.jpg (43.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Aet : 01-06-2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: attached text pic
Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Elite

These aren't all typos, but they are all related to the writing/text in the game, so this is as good a place as any to post I suppose.

1. The "quell town attack" quest needs an apostrophe after the name of the monster type attacking the town in the quest's name. As an example, I had "Quell the Wraths town attack," which should be "Quell the Wraths' town attack."

2. When the game announces the a town's need for "Cruel Torva Headdresses" it pluralizes improperly and says "Cruel Torva Headresss."

3. Also, when the town announces they've found a Teleport Stone it needs to give more info in the message. Right now it just says "Teleport Stone found." That's a little misleading and makes it sound like you as the player have just discovered and picked up a Teleport Stone.

4. The help text about ego items doesn't yet mention that they can level up. Aside from this it should also contain some information about how they level up and the effects of doing so.

5. When you use a life steal shrine the description for the popup of its effect is a little unclear. It says it gives "50% life steal" but doesn't say what that 50% is of. I'm guessing it's 50% of your damage but it ought to tell us.

6. The world modifier listings for the different sorts of machines ought to tell you what their effect is in addition to "there is an anti-magic machine creating areas of anti-magic". I've seen some players on the forum wondering what the effects of the new machines are, so this is definitely info that's needed.

7. The Sentinel item modifier should probably be "Sentinel's".

8. The descriptions for the various poisoned supplies quests would sound better if the word "fix" were replaced by "cleanse" or "purify". Same deal with "cure the curse" quests, it'd sound better to replace "fix" with "cure" in the description.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Elite

The world modifier Rowdy: Fights are more likely to break our in town. [should be out]
Old 01-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Expert

Not really a typo per se, but imagine my surprise when I received a quest to get information from Taylorraine. Didn't know if this was on purpose.

Just google Taylor Rain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taylor.jpg (75.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by EternalChampion : 01-10-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach jpg