Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Champion

Default Upgrading town's equipment

Giving each person in town new equipment is too tedious. What if there were optional quests that would automatically update the town's equipment when they are completed?
Old 01-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Champion

Perhaps some way to flag dropped equipment as 'for town'? A special stash for NPCs, maybe. It'd be really nice to drop all the vendor trash in there and let the NPCs arm up themselves.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Champion

Nice ideas! I don't drop equipment for NPCs because I mostly play small towns so it's not really worth it.

You know... gathering materials for a personal project. Could that be it?

Last edited by Ghost Matter : 01-15-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnakotus View Post
Perhaps some way to flag dropped equipment as 'for town'? A special stash for NPCs, maybe. It'd be really nice to drop all the vendor trash in there and let the NPCs arm up themselves.
I like this idea. A chest labeled "Town Armory" and probably stashed right next to the Warmaster. Of course, then there needs to be a pecking order for who gets gear out of the chest first (ideally quest NPCs first, merchants, then townies last). I'd leave the current system in place along with the armory though; sometimes there's a particular NPC you really don't want dying on you.

It'd be a good idea to add some quests that add more gear to the chest without you having to do so manually. For example, the Warmaster wants better gear for the town, asks you to negotiate with the Armorsmiths. You talk to them and find they may have varying demands in exchange for gearing up the town for free (find me x of n item, I despise <townsperson>, go pummel him for me, whatever), and when the quest is complete the chest automatically gets stocked with a bunch of new gear.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Champion

Agree that:
  • It's great to be able to equip townies now.
  • It really serves a purpoes (I just faced my first barbarian raid in the 1.014 patch... YIKES!)
  • It's too tedious to not just equip them, but to remember who needs what equipment.

What we have is better than nothing, but I don't think the current system is quite usable (edit for clarification: at the speed at which most of my hard level towns run, I don't have the time to dress each towns person, even when I use the pause... it adds too much running around in town.)

My favorite on the list above is some form of for the town stash, where I can stash and forget equipment that I want to donate to the town. It can be the sort of drop box that once I drop the equipment in, it's gone for good, no getting it back. If the town was smart enough to cycle equipment that I dropped into this stash on its own, I wouldn't need to play dress up with the towns people (although I still want to make Din wear a dress to get him back for this "curse" ).
Holiday Items, fun for at least 17.6 seconds: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3095

Last edited by jeremyosborne : 01-16-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: clafication