Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > News/Blog comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Elite

Default Fan Day!

I've been trying to convince Steven to hold a fan day and I've almost pulled him to the dark side. I'm thinking we'd do it sometime in early April somewhere in North Dallas, Texas.

Is anyone interested in attending such an event? We wouldn't be selling anything. It'd just be a chance to meet and talk with Steven and possibly others who've worked on the games.

I have no idea how many folks would attend such an event. 12? Anyone have any ideas on a good place to meet? My only thought thus far is Starbucks.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Expert

Fan Day is an awesome idea - if I lived anywhere remotely close to you guys, I'd be there - but Upstate NY is a bit of a haul
Old 01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Expert

I would also come but the trip from Europe is a long (and expensive) one

PS: instead of a Starbucks i'll suggest you go to some sort of amusement park, much more fun
Old 01-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Legend

I would be more than glad to go but i live in nj and thats quite a big trek. If it was in new york or a state closer i would. It really sucks cause i would really like to go.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Champion

Fan day == yes

Even though I'm going to jump on the "it's too far away" bandwagon, I'd like to clarify that I wouldn't even go visit my favorite hot actress of the moment were she having a fan day.

That said, I have an idea:

I know Steven is under a time crunch most of the time. I can relate, I'm a programmer and if deadlines aren't present, bugs are calling my name.

What about a virtual fan day? What if Steven hosts a game of din's curse and we all get to play with him, and the others who have been developing the game. Maybe one or two scheduled times. I think that would be uber cool, and appropriately nerdy.

Would that be an option? A "Play with the fans" day?
Holiday Items, fun for at least 17.6 seconds: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3095
Old 01-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Elite

Sounds like fun but I can't travel more than 2 hours away from the house and my medical equipment. Maybe have a 'live' link for those of us that can't come and a set time to go online to see what every who did go is doing?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldazar View Post
Fan Day is an awesome idea - if I lived anywhere remotely close to you guys, I'd be there - but Upstate NY is a bit of a haul
I was thinking the exact same thing, and then I noticed you're from the same city as me. Small world.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Legend

I think this would be really cool. I get to play with the makers. Not many other game companies would do this i might add.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Elite

I'd love to come, but my bank account disagrees with me
Old 01-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Champion

I'd be interested as long as it was on a Saturday. I could fly down on Friday evening and leave late Sunday. Of course it would depend on the exact date and my work schedule.

Getting enough fans together could be difficult, especially since we seem to be scattered all over the globe. Maybe some kind of online event on the weekend instead? We could have some kind of livestream from Soldak HQ (your house? lol) and then all play DC online together.