Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Amateur

Question Din's Curse alive for long?

I've been playing around in the Din's Curse demo, and so far I'm impressed. It's noteworthy how something that looks and feels so simple can be so complex and enthralling. It's remarkable.
But since it's an indie game, I feel like there's always the invisible risk of it being dropped due to lack of attention and interest. Even more so by the fact that the game's quite obscure as it is.

The price tag is 20 dollars, way more than the average unheard of indie game. Do you think the game will continue to get patched and modded for a long time?
Assuming I purchase both the base game and the expansion right now, will I be buying a game that is actively played and managed, or are Din's days of cursing hapless adventurers counted?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Well I'm been working on Soldak for 6 years now, we've had games out for 3 plus years, Din's Curse was released in March of last year, and we've released 28 patch for DC so far. That might give you a little bit of perspective.
Patreon
Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Well I'm been working on Soldak for 6 years now, we've had games out for 3 plus years, Din's Curse was released in March of last year, and we've released 28 patch for DC so far. That might give you a little bit of perspective.
Harshness? Really? To a potential customer? Interesting.
Well, as long as you don't turn into Notch or something, I suppose it's okay.

I'm willing to get over the fact that it's a little on the expensive side and your little attitude just because the game you've created is awesome. I wish big name companies would create games as good as yours.
As long as you promise to keep making the game even more awesome for as long as humanly possible, I'm gonna purchase it and the expansion right now. :3

Thanks for the response.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Champion

I've been around for a little while now, and know Shadow fairly well. I can promise you that there was no harshness in his response. He is actually an open, friendly developer like few I have seen.

The fact that I am still trying to sell you the game and defend Shadow's response without a lot of harshness from myself(for what I saw as an impulsive, assuming response from you)should tell you what a cool game this is and that it is worth the money.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Champion

Wow ITT simple statistics are rude.

Frankly just Soldaks multi-game existence makes worrying that it's a fly-by-night operation bizarre.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

I wasn't trying to be harsh in any way and I apologize if I was. I was just trying to assure you weren't just some flyby operation by giving some relatively unbiased stats.
Patreon
Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Amateur

That's okay, I understand. And I apologize for sounding like a jerk, myself.
I've just purchased the game, these are gonna be the best thirty bucks I've spent in a long while. :3
Old 01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Legend

I cant think that soldak is expensive mainly because spiderweb software releases every game they make for $40.00 and up, which is ridiculous since the games arent nearly what you are getting here. The graphics dont help either and im not usually a pick when it comes to that.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
I cant think that soldak is expensive mainly because spiderweb software releases every game they make for $40.00 and up, which is ridiculous since the games arent nearly what you are getting here. The graphics dont help either and im not usually a pick when it comes to that.
Not to mention their games still cost a bundle YEARS after release. Even AAA titles cost less than SW's games a year after release...

Anyways, you can be assured that the game is actively improved upon and Shadow actually listens to his player-base when considering changes to be made. A recent example is the armor and resistance formula re-write in the latest patch. That change was due to player demand.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Champion

Probably too late to share my thoughts since you've already bought the game, but I've been incredibly impressed by the attention that has been put into Din's Curse post-release. I almost always check the forums before I play because chances are there's already an even newer patch out! I used to play a lot of big budget games until I started playing DC. Even sold my Xbox360 because it stopped getting used.