Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, here's the relevant data:

ArmorPerLevel - 8.0 (6 must be an old number)

There are multipliers for higher difficulties:
DifficultyArmorMultChampion - 1.4
DifficultyArmorMultElite - 2.0
DifficultyArmorMultLegendary - 2.5

There are also multipliers for monster rarities from 1.3 to 2.2 (champion up to boss).
Patreon
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Elite

Thanks for pointing out the relevant data, but I must report that your numbers are different than mine. I even threw away the assets001 folder of the base game and unzipped it again just now, after patch 1.015. Here's what I have:

From Din's Curse/Assets/assets001/Database/Monsters/BaseMonsters.gdb:

MonsterAttributesMonsterBase
{
ArmorPerLevel 6.0
ResistancePerLevel 2.0

From Din's Curse/Assets/assets001/Database/systems.gdb:

GameSystem
{
DifficultyArmorMultChampion 1.3
DifficultyArmorMultElite 1.6
DifficultyArmorMultLegendary 1.9

1) Where are the multipliers for monster rarities saved?

2) About the discrepancy, could it be that the patch installers haven't properly updated certain things?

3)
a) Are the asset files unzipped and loaded into RAM (or temp virtual memory) when the application is first loaded, or on the fly as needed or what?
b) Since I have a slowish computer with 460+ GB free HD space, would I get a speed boost unzipping these files and throwing away the zipped version? and
c) would the game even find the asset files this way?

Last edited by Nobear : 01-21-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Expert

My files match Nobear's and my systems2.gdb file has a different armor multiplier than 2.5 for legendary. I applied the 1.015 patch already.

GameSystemExp1 overrides GameSystem
{
DifficultyArmorMultLegendary 2.75

Last edited by Shadowy Figure : 01-21-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Elite

btw Shadowy Figure, thanks for pointing out Systems2.gdb, because I may have found the answer to the goody-two-shoes townspeople problem at high level. Click the blue arrow next to my name in this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
Could this be the issue, Shadow?
Old 01-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

You guys are looking in the wrong place. Things in assets003.zip will override what is in assets001.zip. Basically assets001 is the original data, where assets003 is the latest patch.
Patreon
Old 01-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Elite

Ok thanks. Now from patch 1.016 notes: made armor absorb more damage (changed from 30/60 to 27/54)

Where are those numbers used? Does this mean reverting back to the old formula or what?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ok thanks. Now from patch 1.016 notes: made armor absorb more damage (changed from 30/60 to 27/54)

Where are those numbers used? Does this mean reverting back to the old formula or what?
It's still the new formula. I basically just made armor a little stronger. These numbers are in systems.gdb (assets003.zip). The parms are ArmorReasonablePerLevel and ArmorReasonableBase.
Patreon
Old 01-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Elite

Coming back to it a second time, the formula suddenly makes sense to me now, nice little formula there!

Now one thing I want to know is: since higher difficulties increase several things including attack, defense and armor, do the percentages listed on the character screen accurately represent a common monster at any and all difficulties? I ask because my Rogue has maxed Dex, which gives her 96% or 97% chance to hit (I forget), but it seems like her actual chance to hit is much lower than this even against common monsters.

On a related note, I have some requests I'd really love to see.

1) A similar thing has been requested before. Change these % chances on the character sheet to be vs the level of monster which the player has most recently faced. Alternately, make a drop down to select which level monster to use, but this could be messy. A cleaner version would let you choose between your level, the lowest level you'll face in the current dungeon, the highest, and invasion mode enemy level.

2) Make a drop down in the character screen to choose which rarity of monster to use for the calculations. This would help players "gear for bosses" and not think that attack becomes so useless beyond a certain point.

3) For special attacks which increase attack, crit chance, crush chance, etc., have the icon on your spellbar reflect your current chance with the applicable stats. For example, when you mouse over your Death Blow, in addition to what it currently says, it would say "98% Chance to Hit; 101.24% Chance to Crit".

Last edited by Nobear : 01-28-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Champion

Quote:

Now one thing I want to know is: since higher difficulties increase several things including attack, defense and armor, do the percentages listed on the character screen accurately represent a common monster at any and all difficulties? I ask because my Rogue has maxed Dex, which gives her 96% or 97% chance to hit (I forget), but it seems like her actual chance to hit is much lower than this even against common monsters.
I've noticed the same.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Elite

Quote:
3) For special attacks which increase attack, crit chance, crush chance, etc., have the icon on your spellbar reflect your current chance with the applicable stats. For example, when you mouse over your Death Blow, in addition to what it currently says, it would say "98% Chance to Hit; 101.24% Chance to Crit".
It'd be nice if they also didn't show the "at next level" info when in your quick bar.