Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magitek View Post
I think the circles are pretty damn good in any large conflict, or against bosses. You're really supposed to place the circles where the battle will be; in doing so you should get plenty use out of them even if you are melee.. more so if you're running a coop game.

I'm a bit skeptical of the wards, but the circles are borderline overpowered; particularly in coop- not a bad thing because there really aren't a great deal of cooperative friendly skills that are so easy to use.
You are right that it is good to use when you are fighting foes close. However, at the point i am in, mages will never get close enough for me to be able to lure them (especially dark elf mages). It just doesnt work. And when that happens, my character is missing out on one of its key components. Maybe its just me, but ill try and hold out and see if it gets better.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Legend

One thing i never understood was the magicians skill blinding flash. Its a great skill, but it would be better if there was a -10 defense added on to each level. Its good to freeze your opponents, but it would make sense they are easier to hit even if the bonus is minor. Especially since some of those staves that you can get can deal decent damage while a spell is recharging.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Expert

I think the Rylors need tweaking. Too many are appearing in my lvl35+ dungeons. 10-20 Rylors (per room) all tossing bombs and surrounding you while you're being stunned by Bull Rylors make for plenty of instant deaths for a melee character. And the bombs seem WAY more powerful.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Expert

Default Hunger

I was thinking about town hunger, and how currently it's rather bothersome, and came up with an idea that may make it more enjoyable.

The concept of starving citizens is nice, and saving them is good rep and makes the player feel more heroic. But the mechanic of constantly hunting down each person to give money & food to is tiresome.

I propose that the Apothecary handle all hunger quests. When someone is starving the Apothecary will get the "?" quest marker and give out the quest. The Apothecary would also have a "provisions" slot when inspected, similar to the Warmaster's "armory" slot. Any food or water dropped into the provisions slot would be handed out to the hungriest citizens.

This way you can keep the citizens well fed and happy, without having to run all over the place and click so many times on the starving npcs.

P.S. This made me wonder, when I start a new town should I just run around to every npc and donate them up to 10sp each? Would that stop the hunger quests in that world? Maybe that wouldn't be a good thing since you'd miss out on the town rep.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
I think the Rylors need tweaking. Too many are appearing in my lvl35+ dungeons. 10-20 Rylors (per room) all tossing bombs and surrounding you while you're being stunned by Bull Rylors make for plenty of instant deaths for a melee character. And the bombs seem WAY more powerful.
There's a way to combat that but it comes at a cost. Make all towns with dangerous monsters setting and then there will be 33% less monsters all together. However, they will be a bit stronger than usual. I think its worth the risk. Whatever you do, dont make raging hordes an option, especially past lvl 40
Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
There's a way to combat that but it comes at a cost. Make all towns with dangerous monsters setting and then there will be 33% less monsters all together. However, they will be a bit stronger than usual. I think its worth the risk. Whatever you do, dont make raging hordes an option, especially past lvl 40

Good suggestion. I always play with 'Dangerous Monsters' and I believe that ultimately you will get better drops also.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Legend

The problem with raging hordes is that you dont get many champions, as there is naturally more monsters. However that still gives more chances of getting a few-which ultimately sucks when your screen is stacked. Any character that doesnt have an aoe attack at lvl 50s and on will have a major problem with this option.

Does anyone play the paladin class often? I went back to one of my old characters that had paladin as a class and noticed that the skill-Zeal's mana goes up per skill level. Why would a melee skill go up in mana? The gladiator has savage strike that is at the same lvl and it stays at 10 mana. This should be fixed as paladins have a rough time as it is.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
Does anyone play the paladin class often? I went back to one of my old characters that had paladin as a class and noticed that the skill-Zeal's mana goes up per skill level. Why would a melee skill go up in mana? The gladiator has savage strike that is at the same lvl and it stays at 10 mana. This should be fixed as paladins have a rough time as it is.
I have my paladin/weaponmaster up to level 75 now(but haven't go on to the last difficulty level just yet), but I have never used that skill. So, I guess me posting this was pretty useless. Oh, except to brag about my character.....which will probably be shelved once I do go on to the final difficulty level. He has been eating/drinking food/potions like crazy. Truthfully, he should be 500lbs. Yep.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Powers View Post
I have my paladin/weaponmaster up to level 75 now(but haven't go on to the last difficulty level just yet), but I have never used that skill. So, I guess me posting this was pretty useless. Oh, except to brag about my character.....which will probably be shelved once I do go on to the final difficulty level. He has been eating/drinking food/potions like crazy. Truthfully, he should be 500lbs. Yep.
No it goes up. I think that it should be kept at 10 or 12 mana for fairness. But no higher than 12 as savage strike is at 10.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Legend

Default Caltrops

Caltrops can reach the max level of 10 and goes down in time before you can use it by 1 second per point. It starts at 45 seconds. This might be good but if you depend on that skill every 20 seconds or so it should go to 15 seconds before reuse at lvl 10. To do this, each level would decrease the time of reuse by 3 seconds. 3 seconds times 10 levels equals 30 seconds taken off. This should give you 15 seconds before you can reuse. That might work with that skill. Even if it cant be 15 seconds, if it goes down 2.5 seconds per level that would still give it 20 seconds before reuse, which is manageable. The reason why this needs to be changed is because most of the monsters that you are fighting with this, are dead way before 10-15 seconds. So without it on a regular basis, it wont work. Unless of course the caltrops skill can be taken to a higher level. If that happened and extended the skill to 20-30 lvl, then it would be an even better skill. Maybe make the person easier to crit on or something to make it worth the skill levels.