Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Expert

I don't know if it's really considered a bug or not, but my adventure today went like this:

Accidentally run into a big leprachaun boss named Slink on dungeon level 3. I kill his gold happy self. I go back to town and no one cares. Around level 5 there he is again, Slink! I promptly send his butt back over the rainbow and look in my quest log-- ah! Kill Slink!!!... but it's not completed! His rapidly decomposing corpse is right THERE! On to level 7 and, lo and behold, it's SLINK. Again. I kill him one more time and *ding* *ding* I complete the quest. This also happened with another boss in the same dungeon, but I only had to kill him twice... but he showed-up in the log:

Quote:
01:11:54 - Harg has been killed.
01:11:54 - Looks like a group is taking advantage of Harg being killed.
01:11:55 - Harg (a Frost Rylor Bull) has formed a group of monsters in Domain of the Dead lvl 6.
-------
02:05:04 - Harg has been killed.

The only time Slink appears in the log as being killed is the final time.

Quote:
01:28:12 - Accepted Kill Slink the boss quest
-----
01:54:10 - Slink has been killed.
-----
01:55:43 - Solved Kill Slink the boss quest
I'm assuming that this all had to do with everyone being slaughtered in town save for the Apothecary? Luckily I was able to get a quest for a new Warmaster then Steward before even HE died. Still it's kind of strange to have to keep killing the same boss in the same dungeon/town.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Amateur

It seem that the recent buff on blight (the necromancer skill) is not working correctly.

The skill say (for my example) 16.5 damage per second but when i'm hovering the debuff icon on the monster status it say only 12 damage per second.

Is someone else had the same issue ?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despair View Post
It seem that the recent buff on blight (the necromancer skill) is not working correctly.

The skill say (for my example) 16.5 damage per second but when i'm hovering the debuff icon on the monster status it say only 12 damage per second.

Maybe the monster's armor or resistance accounts for the difference?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despair View Post

I have not seen this one personally, but I did find a similar problem with the buff that was done to Regeneration, that I reported(and it was hopefully noticed)earlier in this thread(like the third post).

Now that I think about it, I wonder about other buffs like this. I have for a long time wondered if 'Bravery' was really doing what it is supposed to be doing. I mean a 96% chance to hit shouldn't miss all that often(even though it really does - even using perfect strike with its +200% to attack!)and 18-19% chance to be hit shouldn't be getting you hit all that often(but it really does).

Now if you remove Bravery from my character and you get 94% to hit and like 25(6)% chance to be hit. Now this is the way things feel in game. Maybe I am just imagining things, but my 'gut' on these things is typically right, so just wondering.

And don't even get me started on how often it seems that a enemy lands its first attack on my character. It seems uncanny at times.

Last edited by Max_Powers : 03-08-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Legend

You might be right. I have a 15% chance to be hit on one of my chars. I very rarely get hit when standing still, but when i move or use a skill my chances go up by about a 1/3. Theres got to be something going on.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
You might be right. I have a 15% chance to be hit on one of my chars. I very rarely get hit when standing still, but when i move or use a skill my chances go up by about a 1/3. Theres got to be something going on.

Thank you! Was beginning to think I was crazy. Must be something up with how defense works, attack rating for an enemies first attack, or is a bug of some sort.

Have you noticed anything screwy with the 'to hit' stuff as well? To me, having a high 'to hit' and using perfect strike should equal an almost guaranteed hit. But I find that sometimes, Holy Smite, with it's +50% attack outperforms Perfect Strike's +200% attack. And again, 96% chance to hit same level creature, using Perfect Strike and Holy Smite and still getting a noticeable amount of misses Just doesn't seem right - unless it is basing my 'to hit' on my pre-bravery stats.

Eh, maybe I am crazy...
Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Amateur

grr, revives all but useless! perma-fearing
Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral23 View Post
grr, revives all but useless! perma-fearing
Had your revives been on fire at any point, or were they always afraid? Is 'Fear' a world modifier? Were there any Chaos Lords in the dungeon? Anyone know anything else that causes fear?

I have noticed this behavior also, but am having trouble finding any connective reasons why this is happening. Only thing I know is that being on fire(and rightly so)does it.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Amateur

if feared once, by fire or c-lords, status is semi-permanent and recurs, so bugged
Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
Maybe the monster's armor or resistance accounts for the difference?
good catch, but unfortunately no, i've just tried this on several different monsters with the same result 12.0 damage per second (even on a leprechaun with a major poison resistance).