Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2016, 08:08 PM
Expert

Default Is there something that makes recruits/raids impossible

This game is really making me lose my patience

I am level 15 and need to grind to get a level where i gain a lot of damage boosts from one of the traits. Its the ranged weapon boost where enemies have to be close for you to get a 50% damage boost on all bow attacks.

The enemies either have too much armor or too much health as I do little to no damage with both hunters special arrow and regular attacks. Whats more is that the enemies are level 10!

Whats even more is that the enemies that are fighting me from another covenant are supposed to be lvl 10 but instead are level 16.

Is the game still in the stages where changes are being made or is it just crap? So far the game is not challenging, its just that the enemies have these absurd armor/hp ratings.

The answer to this is what some have done to make it farther in the game-that is to go magic attacks for a build. It would seem that melee and ranged dont work at all and alot of the classes only work if you make a munchkinized character.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:06 AM
Expert

While I can't comment on the balance issues (at least I'm assuming it's a balance issue) you are describing here, I can address the level 10/16 issue

The displayed level takes into account that actual monster's level, as well as their rank, and some other factors
Old 01-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Expert

But you see that that is a major problem as if the level of all monsters is 10, then an elite should be no more than 12. I dont know how its fair that they jump up to lvl 16. Lets say I wanted to make a level 16-18 world, will the monsters be level 22??!!
Old 01-24-2016, 03:28 PM
Expert

Wink

The level of each world is not set for all areas(that in it) and may vary in 5-6 levels from starting area for each area,the other clans before meeting with your clan(and after)traveling.fighting monsters. doing quests and pumped the levels of their participants of a clan
Old 01-24-2016, 04:21 PM
Champion

The game is definitely still being tweaked - have a look at the patch history.

I've run into the problem you are talking about - pbviously the hero of other clans should be a tough boss, so they have very high HP - but the numbers are such that at certain level their HP is incredibly high compared to the damage you can put out.

I think there are some damage scaling issues between physical damage and magic - mainly that there are less multipliers for magic, so it starts high relative to physical damage. I gather physical damage can get extremely high as you get the right gear & skills further into the game.