Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Expert

Default Questions about Stealth

What are the mechanics of being discovered? I've been playing a Trickster/Sorcerer hybrid and only really using the Trickster part for Stealth. The stealth level up info says nothing about likelihood of being discovered, but I notice that while I was killing monsters left and right in the early game and not even losing my stealth status, as the monsters get higher level it's proving next to impossible to avoid being spotted.

Also, does the Stealth state's chances for critical hits also apply to spells cast?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Elite

I'm pretty sure each monster has a chance of spotting you based on how close you are to the monster, and for how long you remain near it. Killing an individual enemy with one attack while stealthed will often allow you to remain stealthed if that enemy was far enough way from other enemies.

Levels in stealth have no effect on your chance of being noticed. However, there is a skill (a Hunter skill I think) called Light Step which reduces your chances of being noticed in general, essentially lowering the range at which monsters notice you. I think. I wonder if it works with Stealth.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Elite

Yeah, here are the basics.

Levels in stealth do not make you harder to notice. They do make you do more damage with physical attacks, and boost your critical hit chance for physical attacks, but that's it. If you're attacking with lightning then one rank should be enough.

Attacking a monster breaks your stealth if you do not kill the monster in one hit.

Being near monsters gives you a chance of being noticed if you are within their detection radius.

Being a higher level than a monster lowers their detection radius. (I'm 90% sure on this one, but I can't prove it.) This means that versus lower level monsters you can get closer without risking detection.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadfan View Post
Being a higher level than a monster lowers their detection radius. (I'm 90% sure on this one, but I can't prove it.) This means that versus lower level monsters you can get closer without risking detection.
I'm pretty sure you're right about this. If I set the dungeon level higher than my character's level I definitely seem to get noticed more often.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
However, there is a skill (a Hunter skill I think) called Light Step which reduces your chances of being noticed in general, essentially lowering the range at which monsters notice you. I think. I wonder if it works with Stealth.
Anyone confirm this?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Elite

I can't completely confirm it because its really hard to see how Light Step works without opening up the game, and I haven't done that.

But I believe that Shadow has indicated that this his how these skills work:

Stealth makes you invisible to monsters. They can notice you if you attack a monster and fail to kill it in one hit, or if you are within their sight distance.

Light Step reduces the distance that they can see.

If you are a higher level than a monster, it can't see as far. This is true whether or not you have Stealth. If you are a lower level than a monster, it can see you from further away.

So basically if you have both Light Step and Stealth you will be harder to find because monsters won't get as many chances to notice you because you will more frequently be outside of their range of vision.