Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Legend

Default Discussion on Game Modes (Ideas)

I recently found a lot more fun playing some of the new modes. Cursed, Unlucky and Poverty in particular I liked. I found the modes are very fun to play and give me a new reason to play the game.

I made this thread to see if anyone else has tried the new modes. I like the cursed mode because it really makes you feel like you are vulnerable because of the lack of armor and weapons.

Besides that, I thought it would be cool if we could try and come up with new ideas for game modes that would make the game even more fun.

1) I thought of a few game mode ideas that might make the game more fun. What about a specialization mode. In this mode you can only put points into 3 skills at max. This truly would make the character focus on only 3 skills, making them much more susceptible.

2) I also thought about a Paragon mode (couldnt come up with a better name). I am still unsure of this mode, but I have the general idea. In this mode your character is picky and will only wield unique items. I thought of maybe changing it to only magic items or rare items.

That's all I got for ideas, does anyone else have any thoughts or ideas on this, or would like to discuss the game modes. I haven't tried them all, so we should discuss.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
2) I also thought about a Paragon mode (couldnt come up with a better name). I am still unsure of this mode, but I have the general idea. In this mode your character is picky and will only wield unique items. I thought of maybe changing it to only magic items or rare items.
How about calling it Prima Donna mode. And he'll only use Elite, Legendary and Artifact items (orange, blue, and pink).

EDIT: Hmmm. That might be too exclusive. Maybe he just won't use common or green items.

Last edited by Roswitha : 06-28-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Legend

I guess that prima donna could work. I'm still just trying to think of some other new ideas.

Would a stalker mode be cool?

It would work like this-Since your character is already known to be din's cursed and has done some bad things in his previous life. What if there is a chance that in every world you enter-you are randomly attacked by a wraith of some sort to get back at you for something in your past. The wraith is randomly chosen each time you are in a different world. You can kill it, but it keeps coming back. What would make it difficult would be that the wraith can come at any time in the dungeon in game. So you would have to be edgy if you were to choose this option in a hard town. The wraith doesnt have a specific level of the dungeon and it can come at you from any level.

Would that be feasible?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Elite

More ideas.

Darkness: Everywhere you go is darker than usual. If a town has a darkness modifier or machine, they stack.

Hunger: You need to eat regularly because you have a constant health drain (negative health regeneration).

Bad attitude: You start the game with a negative reputation (rather than zero). Din gives more quests because he's more annoyed than usual. Merchants charge you extra or have fewer goods (or just make more negative remarks). Maybe you get half experience until you've reached level 0.

Deeper dungeons: I've noticed that even though dungeons go to level 15 and past, most of the action is around levels 4-8. In this mode, there would be additional boss monsters stirring things up around levels 12-16; or maybe there's a very deep recon totem.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
More ideas.

Darkness: Everywhere you go is darker than usual. If a town has a darkness modifier or machine, they stack.

Hunger: You need to eat regularly because you have a constant health drain (negative health regeneration).

Bad attitude: You start the game with a negative reputation (rather than zero). Din gives more quests because he's more annoyed than usual. Merchants charge you extra or have fewer goods (or just make more negative remarks). Maybe you get half experience until you've reached level 0.

Deeper dungeons: I've noticed that even though dungeons go to level 15 and past, most of the action is around levels 4-8. In this mode, there would be additional boss monsters stirring things up around levels 12-16; or maybe there's a very deep recon totem.
Really like the idea of deeper dungeon.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMany View Post
Really like the idea of deeper dungeon.
Ditto this, plus more elite and tougher monsters - I want to start a world, see the a super deep dungeon (15+ floors) and realize I'm in for a tough and epic journey as opposed to normal levels.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Amateur

How about a mode which greatly increases the frequency and/or size of hordes that attack the towns. That's an option I'd like on a level per level if possible.

Basically the town would be under frequent attack (with the risk of everyone dying) and really plays to the urgency aspect the game is so good at creating sometimes.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Legend

These are all great ideas guys. Hopefully shadow will get to see them. I especially like:

1) The monster horde frequency one is killer, that would make playing the game much harder. Plus, add honorable death to that and you've got some extra determination to finish the town. And if you think your insane, add hardcore too

2) The elite monster one will be very cool too. You could add that to fragile mode and you'd have a tough time unless you know what you are doing.

3) Deeper dungeons is ok. The only problem is that some dungeons like that already have a problem with getting to the 15th floor. So you got about 8 ongoing quests all further down. If you dont haul ass, your going to have a tough time even being able to finish the world. Still, it might be worth adding because there are some people crazier than me who will do it

4)The hunger one might be cool too, but it would need to be set at a decent pace. That is mainly because some warriors with their 2000 health will laugh at losing 1 or 2 or 3 health. However, if you made it a small percentage, it might be cool. That way it is fair to everyone. I guess it would almost be as if you were souldrained or something that you lose health like that. Pretty cool.

Those are some good ideas hopefully we can think of some more.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Amateur

I'd also like to see the ability to control the world attributes. Either toggle certain items on or off or change the number. I think the current limit is 4, but I modded it to be 8, but they don't go past 6. Either way, I love having certain ones always on, so that would be nice make more dynamic/crazier worlds.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Legend

That would be great. Imagine having the explosion hazard modifier doubled or even tripled. Almost all of the monsters would be blowing up (along with you). The vulnerable town one, the trap one. All those would be annoying. And every once in a while there could be a good one like the vendors galore or something like that. That would mean you never know when you are going to get screwed or worse.